One| Pickpockets and libraries

Y/n walked down towards the library three books in her hand. Her h/L h/C hair gently moved with the breeze as she walked down the busy streets of new York.

She grimaced as someone bumped into her. Then her grimace turned into a glare. "Hey come back here ya dam pick pocket!" She yelled feeling her coat pocket lighten.

The thief took off running and she cursed. I don't have fucking time for this she thought as She chased after him with boiling blood.

Nothing was going her way today. First she got rejected from three different jobs today. Her rent is due in two days and now this dam asshole stole her phone and probably her wallet

She tackled him to the ground and punched him in the side of his face making his head turn to the other side from impact. "Asshole" she said grabbing her things and stood up dusting off her cloths and grabbed her books.

She weaved through people and finally made it to the comforting library. It was one of the few places she felt like she could truly relax. Her heels clicked on the  polished tile as she walked to the front desk.

She was wearing a smart looking shirt and pants with black heels. She was trying to look mature for her interviews but all they saw was a seventeen year old with anger issues.

"hello I would like to return these books under the name y/n l/n and here is my card" she said.

The old librarian smiled at her and opened a drawer pulling out a thick pair of black reading glasses. Y/n leaned against the mahogany desk looking bored.

"ah just a minute deary" the old lady said with a old ruff voice. Y/n sighed. She hated waiting it wasnt in like I hate it because Im spoiled kinda way it was more that she didn't like standing out in the open for long.

Whenever she went to the library she would curl up in a corner next to a wall so the only place she had to look at was in front if her. And didn't have to worry about what was behind her.

Y/n finished returning her books and looked at all the chairs in the corner. She huffed as she saw that they were all full. She grumbled to herself as she walked down the isles in search of A book.

She picked up a book and delicately ran her fingers along the spine. A shiver of excitement ran through her body as she gently smiled at the book.

Her smile faded into a neutral look as she gazed at the table. Today the Library was packed and it seemed like students were studying.

Something she probably should be doing as well but she dropped out of school. Money and her survival were more important than. Her education at the moment.

She saw a table that only had one person sitting at it and decided that it was the best option. She carefully walked over all her senses on high alert.

The blonde lifted his head as he heard her footsteps. "mind if..I sit" y/n asked through gritted teeth. To be honest y/n's people skills were not the best.

She has little to no patience and gets defensive pretty quick and others she seems closed off and standoffish.

Ash smirked at her "go ahead" she chose the chair furthest from him and opened the book.

Ash watched in amusement as he saw her eyes dart around the room like she was analyzing every detail.

They both sat in silence invested in there own books until a young looking librarian walked over and cleared her throat gaining both the attention  of the blonde and the h/c-ette.

"the library is closing Im going to have to ask you to check out the books now please" she asked in a sweet voice that was directed at the blonde who paid no attention to her.

Y/n rolled her eyes and walked off to the counter ash followed behind her and watched as she grabbed her books and left.

As she exited the library she internally groaned as she saw the dark streets and alleyways.

Now I have to walk home she thought angrily. Her shoes clicked on the pavement with every step and she felt someone grab her wrist.

They pulled her into an alleyway and pinned her against the wall. "What the fuck?!" Y/n yelled and she glared at the figure in front of her.

She couldn't make out any features but she gave them her best death glare. "Release me now.before I kill you" she seethed

"aw calm down sweet heart" the voice said it was deep and !most Definitely a male.

She laughed "ya no. Let me go" she said and y/n could feel her blood start to boil.

He chuckled and kissed her neck.  "Bastard!" She said lifting her knee and hitting him in the crotch. "I said fuck off" she turned on her heel trying to walk away when he grabbed her let causing her to fall forward.

"You little bitch!" He said and he liked her to the dirty floor and she turned over ready to reach for her knife but he pinned her hands above her head.

"Get off me!" She said squirming. Suddenly the body was torn of of her and she got to her feet and reached into her bra pulling out a razor sharp switch blade.

She didn't even look to see who saved her before running at the son of a bitch that dared to touch her.

Hands held her back and she heard another chuckle but it was lighter and sounded more welcoming than the other.

"hey calm down" ash said looking at the female who was struggling to break free from his arms.  "Get out of here you filthy pig before I end you" he said and the man ran off and y/n turned to him

"what the hell?! I wanted to stab that fucker! Hey pussy! I dare you to come back! I just wanna have a little chat!" She yelled down the alleyway. with a crazed look before whipping her head towards ash

"and you. Don't. Touch me" she said and ash released her and put his hands up in mock surrender. She stood up straight and looked at her clothes in disguste.

"gross" she said as she picked off a piece of what looked to be moldy soggy bread off her shirt.

Smells like shit in here she thought. "you ok?" Ash asked her once she calmed down. "what's it to you!?" She said and ash rolled his eyes.

"bye" she said walking off and she picked her book off the floor and let out a sigh of relief when the cover wasnt damaged. "You shouldn't walk home alone" he said

"Thank you captain fucking obvious" she said walking down the sidewalk. Ash decided to follow her so she would be safe.

He saw her turn down an alleyway and he followed in confusion he felt cold metal press against his throat out of instinct he twisted the person's wrist and took the knife.

"Quit following me!" Y/n said looking at the blonde directly in his jade green eyes. "I wasn't following you. I mean I was but only so you would be safe" he said

"I don't need your help" she said snatching her knife and walking past him as she purposely bumped his shoulder. Ash smirked in amusement "fine" he said as he walked off into an alleyway.

Please vote and comment