twenty-six

"You have people at table six." One of my coworkers informed me.

I nodded my head and went over to the table. I smile when I see Maya, Charlie, and Owen.

It's been a week since the bar fight. Charlie's face is looking a lot better.

The swelling in Owen's nose has went down a lot. His eyes aren't black and blue anymore, but they're green and yellow now.

I only have a couple more weeks until I can take the splint for my finger off.

Owen has sunglasses on because he doesn't think the bruised up face looks good.

"There's my three favorite people." I smile towards them.

"We got bored so we thought we would bother you at work." Charlie smiled towards me.

I sigh knowing these three are going to make the next hour hell.

"You're lucky my fingers broken or I'll fight you right here." I tease.

I get their drink orders and give it to them. They give me their food orders and I give the kitchen staff the ticket.

Since it's a Thursday, we're not busy at all. I had three tables to take care of, including the ones of my friends.

I make sure the other tables are doing okay before going to my friends.

"Tate, you get off at six right?" Maya asked as I nodded my head.

It's two now. "Do you all have plans later?" I question them.

"We were thinking of going on a double date to a roller rink. You game?" Maya informed me.

It sounded a lot of fun honestly. "I'm game. I just need to go home and change when I get off." I explain.

We all start making the plans. They were going to hang out at our apartment until I got off.

We were going to ride together. Owen and I told everyone that we're finally official.

Well, everyone but Charlie. We thought it would be funny to prank him.

He still thinks that it's just between us and that he's the only one that knows.

We told everyone else the prank so they're all going along with it.

A few hours later, I had finally gotten off. I went to my apartment to find everyone there.

I go into my room to find clothes to wear. I put on a band t-shirt, black skinny jeans, and a jean jacket.

I put on my checkerboard vans as I walk out of my room.

"You ready?" I ask everyone. They all nodded and walked towards the door.

Maya and Charlie were walking off ahead of us. "You look beautiful." Owen complimented.

I smiled as I kissed his cheek. He laced our fingers together as we walked.

We all got in the elevator and waited for it to go down. Charlie started hyping us up.

"It's crazy guys! Crazy with a K!" He cheered. We all looked at him strangely.

The door opened up causing Owen to walk out. "Where are you going?" I ask laughing.

"He fucking lost me at crazy with a k." We all started laughing loudly.

We went to the car and I sat in the back with Owen. We drove to the roller rink and all pay to go inside.

I tie the skates on the best I could. "I guess broken bones won't stop us from skating." I laugh.