thirteen

I was nervous to meet everyone today. I put on a white cami tucked into my skinny jeans.

I throw on a large gray cardigan. I straighten my hair and then put on some makeup.

I was going to ride with Maya but since I have to work, I have to leave a little bit earlier.

When I get done, I start to head out. I grab everything I need and drive towards the iHop where we're meeting at.

Maya said right now it was only her, Savannah, and Charlie.

I'm guessing I beat Owen there cause when I walked in, it was only those four.

I went over to Savannah first. She smiled as she got up to hug me.

"Hey, girlie. It's good to see you again." She smiled as we quickly hugged.

"You too. You look cute." I complimented. I sat next to her as I catch up with her.

We talk for a couple minutes and I look at the front door. I see that Owen was walking in.

When we made eye contact, he smiled towards me. He came over and sat right next to me.

"You look pretty." He complimented me, I blush as I look at him. "Yo, lovebirds. When is Jeremy coming?" Charlie asked.

"He should be here soon." Owen tells him. We all talked for a moment, and I saw a dark haired male come to us.

He looked about our age. Everyone but Maya and I greeted him. When they did, he looked over at us.

"You two must be Maya and Tate." We glanced at each other and nodded. "You must be Jeremy." He laughs.

We all shake hands as we sit down. "So, you were in the show with Charlie and Owen?" I ask making conversation.

He nodded his head as he sipped on his drink. "Yes, we were the phantoms." He answered.

"Got any embarrassing stories?" Maya asked. I pointed at her in agreement.

Owen and Charlie had pleading looks on their face, like they didn't want him to say anything.

"There's too many to count. We would be here all day." Jeremy told us. We all ordered our food and waited.

"You know, you sound really familiar. Were you in anything else?" I ask curious.

I could see Jeremy blush. "You might recognize me from Adventure Time. I was Finn." Maya and I dropped our jaws.

"No way!" We said in unison. Everyone was laughing at us. Jeremy did the voice for us and it tripped us out.

Jeremy was a pretty cool dude. He's twenty-four and married. He's had a few singles come out since the show.

"Tate, do you wanna hang out with us tonight?" Savannah asked as we cleaned up our table.

I frowned as I looked at them. "I would but I have to work." I frown. They frown along with me.

"When do you get off?" Maya asked. "Midnight." I answer. We all pay and go outside.

The boys were going to go hang out while the girls hang out.

I say bye to everyone and drive to Buffalo Wild Wings. I was not excited to be working today.

Only because I would be missing time with my friends. I clock in and start working.

It was really busy tonight so I feel like it was going by fast. Around eight-thirty, I was notified there were people at one of my larger tables.

I grab my notepad and walk towards the table. "Welcome to Buffalo Wild Wings, my name is Tate. Can I get-"