one

"Are you sure you're going to be okay without me for a week?" My brother asked when I finished packing.

I've always adored my older brother, Ryan. Even though we're a four years apart, we were best friends.

After I graduated high school, he invited me and my best friend, Maya, to move to the States. So we agreed.

We moved to Los Angeles when I was eighteen, and now I'm twenty. It took us a few months to get our papers done to move here.

Maya and I live in an apartment together while Ryan lives with his girlfriend, Abby.

They met a few months after we moved down here and started dating shortly after.

Out of all my brothers girlfriends, Abby is my favorite. They're super cute together.

"I'll call you if anything happens. Even though I'll be in the Pacific." I tease him.

Maya and I are leaving tomorrow morning to go on a week long cruise.

Abby is at work so Ryan is here hanging out. I look at my brother to see him looking serious.

"You're not going to drink, right Tate?" I could hear the seriousness in his voice.

I sigh as I zip my duffle bag. In high school during year ten through year twelve, I was a party person.

I was going out almost every weekend and getting legless. I was getting absolutely wasted.

It was the only way I knew how to cope back then. But I've gotten better.

"No. It's been two years since I've had a drink." I haven't relapsed either.

He smiled at me as he laid on my bed. "I'm proud of you." I could hear that he meant it in his voice.

"Thanks, Ryan." I heard footsteps so I looked to see it was my best friend.

She stopped at my door. "You got everything packed?" She asked wondering. I nodded my head.

"Okay, I'm going to bed. Goodnight to my favorite siblings!" I've always loved Maya.

I've always known her from school, but we actually didn't get close til year eleven.

She's been there for me through thick and thin and I couldn't thank her enough.

I turn to look at my brother. "Please be safe." Ryan pleaded as he stood up.

"I promise. You don't have to worry about me forever." I smile.

"I'm your brother. I'm supposed to worry about you." He teased. I gave him a hug. He's been my rock for so long.

He pulled away and looked at me. "I love you sis." I told them the same thing and he left.

I was nervous about this cruise. I haven't been on one before.

But if I can fly in a plane from Australia to Los Angeles, I can do this.

The next morning, we got up around nine. Ryan drove us to where the ship was.

It was a lot bigger than I thought it was going to be. "Have fun you two!" Ryan cheered from his car.

We laughed as we shook our heads. "I love your brother, but he's an idiot." Maya laughed with me.

"Bloody oath." I agree with her. We get everything checked in and went to our room.

It has a Queen sized bed and a couch next to it. It had a small bathroom but it should be a good size just for the two of us.