Chapter 49: Love & Jealousy

Start from the beginning

"Jai you go. I'll be there in few minutes. I am almost done."

"No, no, no. Come with me immediately."

"But Jai-"

"Please." I try giving her my puppy eyes and this seems to melt her.

"Okay, just let me pack everything."

"No, you come here now." I order her in a childish tone. She laughs on me before coming and standing in front of me. She touches my forehead with her palm.

"Are you feeling alright? I didn't know I married a kid."

"I too married a kid. Who was the one calling my name and not saying anything or, or...or..." I point out before falling short of things to pin point.

"What else?"

"I cannot think of anything on top of my head." She flicks my forehead.

"And then you tell me I am a child." She snorts.

"You are stubborn like a kid." I say in an obvious tone.

"I can see who is being stubborn right now."

"Damn right I am because you are not paying any attention to me." I say slowly sneaking my arms around her waist pulling her closer. She keeps her hands over the collars of my shirt.

"You are the one who is busy for past few days and I am not paying attention to you?" She muses at me in disbelief.

"But now I am here. I always give time to you when I am home. You should too."

"I always do that Jai but I have something really important to do today otherwise everyday I am with you only at night."

"You don't love me only, now." Maira lets out a laugh at this.

"No, no I don't. I just kiss everyone I don't love."

"But you haven't kissed me yet tonight and I think we should change that." I say removing one of my hand from her waist and pushing her glasses over her head, I pull her in for an earth shattering kiss.

"I missed you." I mumble against her lips moving slightly back before kissing again, suppressing her laughter.

"Well, I did not."

"That's rude."

"Why? I cannot deal staying with a kid twenty-four seven. I do need my break." She teases me making me pinch her waist.

"Owwwww." She yelps at my sudden gesture.

"Now go alone on bed. I am not coming with you." She moves back to go and sit in her chair. I pull her back and bend down to pick her up which only results in more shrieks.

"Ay girl! You are gonna make me deaf."

"Why do you do things that make me shout?" She flicks my forehead with one hand before returning it to its original position of my neck where she has her hands interlocked to keep her from falling.

"Jai, why do you pick me up? I am all well now. I am worried someday you will have a muscle pull or something because of all this."

"Maira, I wouldn't say you weight like a feather because you don't. But you don't weigh so much that I cannot pick you." I tell her the truth because I know she is going to appreciate it. I cannot lie to her that she is like a cloud, weightless because we both know that's not true and this would result in her not believing me even other times so, it's better to speak the truth, as much as possible.