Listen To Me (Pt. 1)

Start from the beginning

"Kookie what happened to you?!" Taehyung asked while also panicking. Taehyung was now rubbing Jungkook's knee. Jungkook couldn't seem to answer any of their ongoing questions because he was crying so hard that it was making it almost impossible for him to breathe. He was hyperventilating so badly that it caused him to start choking on his own spit, and then he couldn't stop coughing.

Yoongi recognized that Jungkook was having an extremely bad panic attack. He'd seen people have them before, he'd experienced them himself, but he had never seen one this scary, and he especially had never seen it happen to Jungkook. He figured Jungkook must have had a night terror because he couldn't think of any other reason he'd be freaking out this badly when he was just asleep ten minutes ago.

Yoongi repositioned himself so that he was sitting behind Jungkook and he wrapped his arms around Jungkook's chest, leaning him backwards onto his own chest. It was a technique he had seen from a movie once where a kid was having an asthma attack and his dad made him follow his own breathing. He figured it was worth a shot to try that, he just wanted Jungkook to at least stop choking before he made himself pass out.

All the members were watching, still trying to ask Jungkook what happened, while also offering reassuring words that he was okay.

"Listen to me, you have to just breathe okay? You're making yourself sick. There is nothing to be afraid of. Whatever happened or whatever you heard or saw was just a bad dream okay?" This was the part of being a hyung that Yoongi hated, seeing any of his younger brothers in pain and feeling like there was nothing he could do to fix it.

Jungkook was still pouring out tears and hyperventilating. He was having a really hard time breathing now as his nose and throat were completely full of mucus. He must have swallowed more mucus the wrong way and gotten it stuck in his throat, because suddenly he couldn't breathe at all. He tried to suck in breath through his mouth but nothing was coming in.

"Hyung! Do something! He can't breathe!" Jimin screamed.

Jin and Yoongi both started patting Jungkook on the back, trying to hit hard enough so that he could cough up the mucus but also trying not to hit him so hard to the point they hurt him.

Taehyung had taken a seat next to them on the couch, not knowing what to do or how to help. Jungkook wasn't able to answer their questions and now he couldn't even breathe. Jungkook was the only member he had who was younger than him. His only little brother. As he sat there and watched, he started to cry too.

He wanted to take the pain away, the scared away

He wanted to take the pain away, the scared away. Whatever had hurt or scared his maknae, he wanted to find it and hurt it back. In this moment he felt like a failure of a big brother. He felt so much guilt for letting Jungkook stay on the couch to sleep. It's a scary house, and he was sick. I shouldn't have let him sleep by himself out here. I should have told him to come into our room for bed. Maybe he'd be okay right now if he knew he was sleeping where he knew he was protected. These were just some of the thoughts eating away at Taehyung. Instead, Jungkook was sitting on this couch choking on his own tears and Taehyung couldn't help but feel like he was to blame.