Chapter 6

About 4-5 months later
Me and Archie have gotten way closer. I've kinda resented him for loving someone else. But I've enjoyed my time with him.

Addilyn POV:
I sit in my room and stare at the wall. Who ever that girl is, is one lucky son of a- My thoughts broken by the sound of a loud noise. I quickly get under my bed, as that is what my brother told me to do if I heard a noise like that. I sat there for what felt like hours, but was only minutes, waiting and praying Archie wasn't hurt. I heard foot steps come up stairs. I saw the door open. It wasn't Archie. It was a man in a black suit. Thankfully he didn't see me, and thankfully I had my gun with me so i shot him in the leg and got up quickly as he fell to hold his leg. Soon one of the guards came rushing in and the police soon after. They took away the man and I heard an ambulance pull up to the house. I was praying Archie was okay, so I ran downstairs to see blood. Everywhere. I turn to the corner and see his body on the ground. He was struggling to breathe and I ran over to him to see what happened. I saw the bullet wound on his shoulder. But he was loosing blood. Fast. I set his head in my lap with a pillow under. "Addi I'm so sorr-" "shh it's okay don't worry about it." "Addi I need to tell you something, in case I don't make it." "Don't talk like that" I said, tears spilling of my eyes. "Let me finish. I love you Addi. I love you so much. Please take care of everything." He started to close his eyes. "NO KEEP YOUR EYES OPEN RIGHT NOW!!!" I said sobbing. I heard sirens pull up and they ran in with a stretcher. They got him on and ran out, me not far behind. "Come on miss." The man said as he helped me in the ambulance. I held Archies hand the whole ride there. It was my comfort. We arrived at the hospital and they went back somewhere where i wasn't allowed to go, so I sat in the lobby. I thought about me and Archie. He loves me? I'm the girl he loves. All this time it's been me. I can't believe it. My thoughts broke by the sound of the doctor. "Archibald Hendrickson Family? I jumped up and walked over to him. "How do you know the victim?" How was I supposed to know when I wasn't even sure. Finally, I blurted out "Girlfriend. Okay, he's in stable condition. He's still asleep but if you want to go back there you can. Room 224." Thank you so much." I practically sprinted to his room. I walked in and his eyes were shut. He is so peaceful when he sleeps. I was holding his hand when I felt him squeeze mine. "Addi?" He mumbled. "Yes baby, it's me I'm right here." F*ck. I called him baby. He opened his eyes fully as I got up and got a doctor. They came in and basically said he's pretty okay he's staying for a couple days for supervision and then the doctor left.
———-
"Should we talk about it?" I asked, " about what?l" he said, vaguely remembering what happened before he woke up in a hospital bed. "About us? How you said you love me?" I said softly. "Well to be fair you called me baby so I think we're even." he said sitting up. I helped him to sit up and I sat on the edge of the bed. I went up closer to him to look at the wound and he did something i would never think I would be doing with Archie.