forty-nine; failure

"We started this together

"We started this together. We end it together."

We were moving in. Delphia, Indra, Gaia, Miller, and Bellamy were a part of the first battalion with us. Bellamy looks through the aim of his gun.

"Two pillboxes, just like Echo said," Bellamy assures and we hear gunshots. "That's our signal."

The gunshots keep going and we wait patiently.

"It's working. They're moving out." Bellamy tells us and we look back at our people, nodding at them to advance.

I and Octavia take our swords out and the army starts walking forward, the both of us still in the front.

There were hundreds of us.

I was no longer fighting to get John back. I wasn't fighting for me either. I was fighting for my people.

For Wonkru.

Ethan, the kid Jaha raised in the bunker when he was still alive, walks towards us.

"Jaha would be proud of you, Ethan." Octavia tells him.

When I notice, I hear a gunshot, and the kid falls back, dead.

Before any of us has time to react, they start shooting at us. Our people falling to the ground as we tried our best not to be hit.

"Attack!" We both yell at them.

"O! You should be covered!" Bellamy grabs Octavia and pushes her towards a hiding spot. She grabs me, pushing me as well.

"We don't hide." I tell Bellamy as we both go grab the dead's guns.

"Stay low! Stand your ground." Octavia orders the warriors as I start shooting at the enemy shooting back at us.

They kept firing the massive gun they had, causing our people to explode and their blood to form pools on the ground.

"Retreat! Go back to the bunker!" One of the guards screams as our warriors start running away.

"No! Advance! It's the only way!" Octavia orders as we stay put, shooting at the enemy.

Indra, Gaia, and Delphia were still here as well, shooting at the enemy with us.

"O.! O., it's the only way!" Bellamy comes to us, pushing her away from where she was.

"Get out of here!" She tells him but it's no use as he keeps pushing her.

"We go back, or we find another-" Before he's able to finish his sentence, the air weapons they used is fired at them, causing the six of us to be thrown to opposite sides.

We stay in the ground. I look at my side and see Delphia.

Delphia's bleeding, she had been shot on the stomach. I go to move and help her but she puts her hand on mine.