thirty-two; stolen memories

"Stop! Get away from me! Make it stop!"

I can't sleep, I turn to my side and I'm faced with the mirror on the wall. The empty feeling comes back again, this time it's different. It's like I don't know who's looking back at me. I don't recognize my reflex.

I get up and start to take off my coat and I look at the scars on my body. I don't know where they came from. Any of them.

I look back at the mirror and notice a wound on my neck that I don't recognize. A scar on my face that I don't remember how it got there.

Terror fills every inch of my body when I notice that my memories are gone. I look at the mirror again and I don't know who's looking back at me.

"Who are you?" I breathe out looking at my reflection as I tilt my head to the side, trying to understand who's on the other side.

I burst out of the house and towards the tower, trying to find something, someone that could tell me who I am. Suddenly I see A.L.I.E.

"Inanna, calm down." She tells me and my head snaps at her.

"Who am I?" I breathe out terrified.

"You're Inanna Hestia. You came down from The Ark to earth." She explains and I nod slowly.

"How did I get these scars?" I rise my shirt and show it to her.

"Inanna, you need to-"

"What happened to me?!" I scream at her when I feel someone touching my shoulder.

I turn around and see a man I knew. He was from The Ark, his name was Marcus Kane. I knew him.

"Inanna." He calls me. "What's going on?"

"Inanna, you're okay." A.L.I.E assures me.

"I'm not!" I scream back at her as the man looks as freaked out as me.

"Your leg. Thelonious, she needs help." He says steadily at another man. I knew him, his name was Jaha, he took me to the City of Light. I knew it in theory but I couldn't remember it.

The man was with another woman I didn't recognize but I knew I've met her before.

"You." I point at her. "What's your name?"

"Inanna. Calm down-" Jaha tells me but Kane interrupts him.

"Abby Griffin. She reported your father. Don't you remember?"

"My father... what happened to my father?" I look at them.

"Your father-" A.L.I.E starts talking again but I shout at her to shut up again.

"He died-" Kane's interrupted by two men taking him away by covering his face and dragging him to a room on the tower.

"Innana, you need to calm-"