nine; comeback

"Yu ould be stedaunon taim disha wor

"Yu ould be stedaunon taim disha wor."

It had been ten days since I had been taken in by Delphia.

In ten days I had done more than in my whole life.

She would wake me up before the sunrise and spend most of the day teaching me to fight. When we weren't fighting each other with my blades, we were hunting with the bow and arrow she gave me.

Neither her nor Onto, the not-so-big man, would let me rest for more than five minutes. Even when we were eating, they kept teaching me their language or about poisons and their antidotes.

Every day, Linn's brother would come by, Tiga, the one who tried to help me. He would teach me about ways to cure the wounded. He loved to talk about his village and his days living there.

I was a different person.

"Focus." She tells me as I flip the blades on my hands.

"Sorry," I mutter.

"Gonplei! Ai didn't tich op yu gon nou stepnes." She argues with me as she goes to cut my arm with her sword but I move at the right moment, putting my blade close to her neck. (Fight! I didn't teach you for nothing!)

"Yu ould be stedaunon taim disha wor." I tell her walking away, suddenly falling on my face. (You would be dead if this was war.)

Her blade on my back, over my heart.

"Nou torna yur backun ona yur baga." Delphia says back as I turn on my back groaning slightly. "Come on. Again." She helps me up. "Do what I told you." (Don't turn your back on your enemy.)

"I'll fall Delphia. Like I did every time I tried. I'm still wounded from the last time." I try to change her mind already knowing what's going on there.

"If you stop doing it, you will never get it right. Tran." She orders and I take a deep breath.

I grab my weapons tightly and back away slightly. After taking a deep breath I run towards her, my body turns as my legs fly through the air and my hands stop touching the floor. I remember doing something like this when I was younger. Raven and I would try to do the cartwheels all the time after my parents die. I could never do it, especially with my hands not touching the floor.

Now, for the first time. I did it.

I stop for a second registering that I actually did it.

"What are you looking at? Fight!" She yells at me, cutting slightly through my arm.

After this fight, I begged her for a break, which she mercifully gave me.

"Have you been checking on your people?" Delphia asks sitting on my side.