LXX. The Thanksgiving Spent Alone

Bắt đầu từ đầu

"Oh."

"What?... come on Taylor, I know you are thinking something so just come out and saying it."

"It's nothing I just didn't know you call your mother multiple times a day."

"Multiple times a day? I only call her once a day or not at all, you must be confusing it with...oh." I utter sinking slightly at realisation. I then shake my head again brushing it off. "Just my boyfriend , I haven't been able to see him much since I came here."

"What? Why not?" She questions upset for me as she leans in slightly from her seating wanting to hear more. I sigh stuttering a few words as I try to form an explanation but swivel round in my chair to face my desk again.

"You know how busy it gets here, studying and all that stuff." I say in response as I twist my pen and rest my elbow on the table then my head on my hand.

"Oh- yeah I get what you mean..."

~

"How's my day?' Oh well I'm sat on this wall outside not far from the second building, and it's probably the most peaceful part of my day so far and I'm eating the pasta I left from lunch earlier which is even more amazing than the first time. But there is so much homework here, and the work is far more harder than I anticipated."

"A jump from two different schools are always going to be hard, and I would suspect work will be more challenging considering they hand picked the students attending."

"Hmm I'm not sure how reassuring you thought that would be mom but thanks anyways!" I say sarcastically as I stab my fork aggressively into my pasta.

"You get what I mean. If you weren't good enough or if they didn't want you there you wouldn't be there okay?" She questions her voice slightly disoriented due to the phone muffles. I sigh nodding to myself. "So, don't give up just yet."

"Ok."

"Great! I have to go, I'll call later to see where you are for heading back."

"Ok bye."

-

"You didn't have to drive all the way down here just to see me Miss Andrews."

"Formal, and I know but I drove my roommate
to her parents place and it's right by here."

"You heading home after this or back to the academy?"

"Uh, home." I start before glancing out the window and seeing the wind begin to pick up as It has been for a couple hours now. "If the storm isn't too bad to drive the last couple hours."

"So, what is it?"

"What's what?"

"On your mind. You haven't been to one of our meetings in a while and when you do, I can tell you are holding something back." He says as I continue to stare at the man sat before me.

My eye brows furrow as I try to piece together what he is continuing to say but it simply does not register. As if he really isn't making any noise and is just moving his mouth up..and down. Is this normal?

Is this the point at which I go crazy? I mean out of everything that's happened I thought at least I could wait it out a couple more years, or, like, not at all.

"We will reconvene next time." Just like that, the session is over. "You sure you're okay to go Delia?"

"Yeah I'm all good. Thank you have a good thanksgiving."

The storm was indeed far too strong for me to travel home and so I had very few options left for me. Either spend thanksgiving alone in my car, alone in a hotel or at Belle's house considering she does live in the area, which I only know as I dropped her off on the way here. I

I don't want to seem like burden and so I decide to go with the safest-ish option and book myself into a hotel for the night. One bed, a working TV, a buffet bar downstairs and a full stocked mini fridge. It seems as though I did make the right decision.

I did get calls all night from mom asking me if I'm really okay with spending thanksgiving alone and as much as I reassure her I'm not sure she was really convinced.

Sweet Pea kept me company most of the night. He even considered travelling the weather just so I wouldn't have to be alone but I thought that would be a drastic to allow him to risk himself just so I don't feel lonely.

But really as bad as I thought I would be about the whole situation. I wasn't so bad. And I guess I sort of liked. It was peaceful being completely alone like this but with the comfort of things other than people. It was nice.