26. Drunk

Author's Note: Hey... long time no speak :) This one is done, guys. All written with only three chapters left, including this one. I hope you enjoy the ending, and I thank you for your continued votes and comments...

26. Drunk

His new job was kicking his ass.

Being an adult was entirely overrated, Mitch realized quite quickly.

The next few weeks were a blur of working, stuffing his face with unhealthy food, and falling asleep before he knew what had hit him.

He walked into his apartment in a huff one Friday, thankful that he had the weekend to hibernate, the way he had been for the past month, when his ears were blessed with a sound that they hadn't heard in quite some time.

Scott's laugh, coming from the kitchen.

Guilt hit him then. They had spoken occasionally since their kiss on Scott's doorstep, but they hadn't seen each other.

Scott had said that his appointment went well the following morning, but that was the extent of that conversation.

Bubba turned the corner and approached Mitch with his tail wagging and his adorable little smile, and Mitch felt instantly calm as he crouched down to greet him.

"Hey, Bubs. You being a good boy?" Mitch cooed as he scratched the fluffy ears. "Where's your dad, huh?"

Bubba took off into the kitchen, and Mitch wondered how much he really understood. Sometimes it was just too accurate to be coincidental...

"Hey," Mitch greeted as he allowed Bubba to lead him to his owner. Matt's eyes brightened and Scott smiled, handsomely.

"There's the working man," Scott said, brightly. "How's it going?"

Mitch flopped down at the table. "It's gonna be the death of me."

Matt responded by sliding a glass into his hand. "To numb the pain, my friend."

Mitch eyed the glass of whiskey, warily, before shrugging. "Why the hell not."

Four glasses later, Mitch remembered why the hell not.

Or, he should have, at least.

He approached the couch after using the bathroom. Scott was facing away from him, with Matt on the other couch. Mitch knew that Kirstie was on her way over.

He felt warm. He felt happy.

Scott became rigid as Mitch's arms circled around his shoulders from behind, squeezing him lightly. His muscles relaxed after a moment, and Mitch giggled.

"Sorry. Di'nt mean ta scare ya," Mitch whispered.

"Come watch," Scott said, gently, grabbing Mitch's hands in his own and holding them in place.

"Come here first. I gotta show you something," Mitch said, pulling away. Scott eyed him for a moment questioningly, before shrugging and muttering to Matt that he would be right back.

As soon as Mitch shut his bedroom door, Scott didn't stand a chance.

He pushed at Scott until his knees hit the edge of the bed, forcing him to sit on its edge, and Mitch's lips latched onto his as though they were responsible for forcing air into his lungs.

Mitch's reveled in the fact that Scott's lips moved against his own, and his arms wrapped around his waist as Mitch crawled onto the bed, straddling the taller man.

"Hey... Mitch..." Scott whispered against his lips. "Hey... hey... Mitch, stop. Stop."

Mitch pulled back with his hands wrapped lightly around Scott's throat. He noted how the wire was in his way. He mentally cursed its presence, and he had half the mind to rip it out of Scott's skull.

For Just One More Day with YouOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara