13. Crumbling Down

Author's Note: As much as I hated to write it, this chapter mirrors the story of my friends too much not to have included it. I'm just... erm... sorry... 😩

13. Crumbling Down

As much as Mitch hated to do it, he put Scott on the back burner of his mind as the semester wore on. His classes were taking much more of his energy than he had initially thought, and if he didn't focus, he was going to fail.

Scott completely understood, and respected his space, but Mitch found himself struggling to respect it, himself.

He found it particularly difficult once October rolled around, after a particularly eventful date that ended at Mitch's house, where they found themselves in an extremely rare scenario: They were home alone.

Mitch nearly threw the larger man against the closed door, attacking every inch of skin that he could with his lips.

Being careful with Scott's newly-healed wrist, he all-but dragged the man up the stairs, and refrained from throwing him onto his bed.

He wasn't sure where this was coming from. Perhaps it was the fact that he felt like they were never truly alone, and that he had to take advantage.

Perhaps it was because he was desperate to make Scott's first time perfect.

They had gotten close, several times now. They knew each other's bodies well, having explored each other thoroughly with their hands and mouths. But they were always quiet and secretive, afraid of interruption.

For the record: Scott was a natural at literally everything that he had tried.

"Can we?" Mitch nearly growled, crawling up Scott's long frame and pressing a kiss to the back of his ear. "Please?"

He couldn't mask the neediness in his voice. When he locked eyes with his favorite blue ones, he could see that the feeling was mutual.

Scott shifted them in a fluid motion, rolling over the top of Mitch and attacking his mouth with a confidence that took Mitch aback.

He found that he absolutely loved it.

And now, Mitch felt like a horny sixteen year old, ready to go at any given moment. Ready to relive that perfect night, over and over.

That night was a week ago, and since then, Mitch was having an even harder time getting the blond off of his mind.

And out of his dreams, which was particularly embarrassing to admit.

The words, 'I love you' were becoming increasingly more difficult to keep from escaping his mouth. He knew that he felt it. He simply wasn't ready to say it. He wasn't ready for this to cross that line. To become even heavier than it was.

But God, did he feel it, every time he laid eyes on the doofus. And he hoped that Scott felt the same way.

With all of his heart.

He thought back to their date a few nights ago, when he had come dangerously close to making his confession. He couldn't help but smile at the memory.

"That's Lacerta," Scott said, pointing upwards at the sky where they laid on their backs in the grass.

"No, it's not. That's a random formation of stars. I'd buy it if you said it's a lightning bolt, or something."

Scott chuckled. "It's Lacerta. A lizard."