Chapter 44|Dimple

Start from the beginning

Life isn't perfect. There's still so much that I need, but I'm in a contented state. And as for everyone from my past, I haven't seen them since I left that day, the memory of my hands around poor Asher's neck still makes me cringe.

I've come a long way.

I don't hold any grudges, and I have no reason to. If I can forgive myself for the terrible things I did and all the lives I took, I can forgive anyone else.

"You coming out weirdo?" Rae asked from the door. "What's on your mind?" He asks with a smirk.

"Nothing," I say with a smile and quickly shrug my jacket black leather jacket on.

I grab my bag and rush to the bathroom to fix my appearance. Reaching into the small bag I pull out my lipgloss and mascara then apply them neatly. Once I was done I let my reflection sink in.

I notice my septum piercing was slightly tilted so fixed it and ran a hand through my copper colored buzzcut.

'The Way' is a small club that people like Rae and Rose like to go to relax. I found myself growing fond of that place as well, it was almost like a different world.

At first I felt uncomfortable with the kind of people I saw there. Hipsters, misfits, and strange adults that were rejected by the world or vice versa.

In conclusion they turned out to be amazing people that taught me so much about life, including the fact that; having nothing was sometimes everything you needed.

Nothing to hold me back. Nothing to prove, no one to prove to. I learnt how to live for myself and not my demons.

Who knew a bunch of depressed 27 year olds could be the best therapists you'd ever need.

I waked out of the toilet and to the main room in the bakery. I immediately notice Rae and a short bubbly girl with dark pink hair. I immediately knew who it was.

Rose is a cute shy girl, everything about her screams delicate and fragile. This made me grow very protective of her and knowing her past, I've never felt a stronger need to.

"You got here fast," I point out catching both their attention.

She smiles and greets me with a hug, "I was already on my way," she says sheepishly.

"You need a life," Rae said jokingly as he switched off the lights.

Rose rolled her eyes, "You need a girlfriend," she snaps back.

"Already got one," Rae says, sending me a wink.

"Such a flirt," I mutter, rolling my eyes. "Let's go, I've got a pack of cigarettes calling my name," I say as I approach the door.

We all hop into Rae's black Mercedes and drive to our destination.

As I walk through the rusty metal gates and into the small building buried in the debts of the south side of the town, the cent of cigarette and vodka hit my me softly. It caressed my nostrils.

The sound of mellow indie and quiet chatter filled the atmosphere. I looked around the dim but colorful room filled with beautiful people with a smile.

"Look who came around," a mischievous voice sang. "Rae, Rosetta... and you," Beth says with smirk, I smirk back. She grabs my hand softly and pulls me away from my friends. "You haven't visited in a while. Why is that?" She asks as we settle on a bean bag in a separate room. "I missed you."

I let out a small laugh, "sure you did," she chuckles at my words. "I've been busy at work."

"I would come around and help, but I'm allergic to flour," she says, pouting her full lips playfully. Beth had such an unpredictable aura around her. She made everything feel like a wild ride and if I weren't straight, I'd be in love with her.