11: What's Growing On In There?

Start from the beginning

I realized there was no way he was going to believe me, especially over text messages while he was at work. I wouldn't have believed me either. 

I showed my phone to Tareq who laughed. He was working on emails and had put on an information show on what to expect during pregnancy. It was about women though and I realized I should probably read the book Dr. Rammat gave me instead.

"How am I going to tell people? My family will not understand. This is too weird. I'll either be treated like a freak or a liar." I shook my head.

"You will need explain if we go to Arizona. That is, if you plan to keep it." Tareq put his arm around me and brought me into his side.

"I don't know what to do and the appointment with the doctor is Friday." I laid my head on his chest. I was so angry at Tareq, but I needed his comfort.

"So we push appointment to Saturday or Monday or when you are ready. You decide this. I can not stop you. I am here for your needs." He was trying his best to not provoke me. I knew he wanted this baby. He went through all of this deception to get it.

"I love that your family thinks I have girl parts down there." I started to laugh and couldn't stop. This pregnancy thing was making me crazy. 

"Is so offensive. I shall put a stop to it. The term is called misgender and is not good to do to someone." Tareq grumbled. 

"No, it's not offensive to me. At least they're accepting of it. It does help them understand what's going on without giving away the whole procedure. This way they think we just fell in love and forgot to use birth control." I shrugged. 

"You are covering for the fact that I deceive you and impregnate you without the consent. You are too kind, my love. I do not deserve this. You repay my evil with kindness. I hope our child grows with your spirit." Tareq looked at me with sad gratitude. 

"I don't know what to do. I miss my family, but I mostly just want to go home to piss you off. They'd send you to jail, you know. Arizona would lock you up." I poked a finger against his chest.

"If you wish for this, you can report me. But I will not leave you to wander the world without me. If this means jail, then I go to jail. But your government will likely want to study how you become pregnant. I cannot allow they harm my child... our child." Tareq put an arm around me.

"I don't want you in jail. And if we are going to go through with this then I need you close... if I decide to keep it." I rubbed my cheek against his chest.

He held me, rubbed my back, and kissed my hair. He knew I couldn't do that to him no matter how bad he'd been. We laid there like that until I heard him start to snore. I moved his computer off his lap and curled up against his chest. I reached for the remote and turned off the television so we could sleep.

+++--+++

Friday morning we went for breakfast with his parents before the doctor's appointment. I still didn't know what I was going to do, but I'd go and see what my options were. I was trying to not get attached to the idea that a life was growing inside me, even though I was constantly feeling pulled by it towards Tareq.

Tareq had spent yesterday making sure I was comfortable and entertained. We'd gone for a walk on the beach, lunch down in the marina, and even raced go-karts at a small amusement park out in the suburbs.

He was intent on giving me whatever I asked for. He even pulled off the highway and got a hotel room for us when I told him I needed his seed. We spent a passionate three hours there before returning home and missing dinner with his parents. He was desperate to make me happy.