We're Going on Vacation!

TW: This story contains violence/abuse amongst members.

It was finally happening.

After eight long years of non-stop work, Bangtan was finally getting some real time off.

However, the circumstances weren't ideal. The only reason they were gifted this vacation was because a worldwide pandemic shut down every single schedule they had planned. It had been two months now since they held a concert, did an interview, filmed for Run BTS, or saw ARMY at all for that matter. Needless to say the guys were getting restless, also depressed, and their manager had noticed.

Namjoon, Jin, Jimin, Yoongi, Taehyung, Jungkook, and Hobi all sat around a large square table inside one of the many offices at the new HYBE building. It was a pretty empty room with nothing but black walls, a big gray table, and black chairs. Manager Jung had called a surprise meeting.

"Gentlemen!" Exclaimed Manager Jung.

"I noticed you all have been a little down lately with everything going on, so I called this meeting because I wanted to let you all know I put together a little surprise for you. I think it will be good for all of you, considering how the world has been lately."

Jungkook shot up from his chair in a burst of excitement. "Are we having a concert?!"

This seemed to get the rest of the members excited and they all started making comments.

"Ahhh, I miss performing," Hobi said as he sat forward. 

"I miss ARMY so much," Jimin said with a low voice and sullen eyes.

"We're in the middle of a pandemic! I don't see how we could magically have a concert right now." Yoongi had always been the voice of reason, and everyone slumped back down when they realized he had a point. It was probably not a concert.

"A vacation!" Manager Jung clarified

Taehyung and Jimin shot up out of their chairs in excitement.

"A vacation?!" Taehyung asked. "Like a real one? With hotels and pools and room service? But how...everything is shut down..." Taehyung felt a little sulky after saying that last part out loud.

"Ahhh!" Jin sounded annoyed, although he didn't mean to. "Manager Jung, to be honest these last two months have felt like a vacation already. I would have been more excited to hear you had work for us. All we do now is well...nothing."

"I understand what you mean Jin, but I think this will be good for all seven of you, it will bring you some more mental clarity. And Taehyung, yes hotels are shut down, but I know a man who owns a house out in Bank Valley and he offered to let you guys stay there for two weeks for a decent price. I set this whole thing up about a week ago. I understand you guys have been bored at home already, but think of this as a new adventure in a new place." Manager Jung was excited for them.

"Honestly it does sound like it'll be quite fun!" Namjoon was looking forward to something new these days. Everything around him lately had been so depressing and repetitive.

"There is one little thing that I requested," Manager Jung said a little hesitantly.

The seven members looked at their manager with a blank expression, none of them had any idea what he was going to say next.

"I know you all have smartphones that have constant internet access, and I know the only news on social media lately is depressing and offensive..." Manager Jung paused.

Where is he going with this? Namjoon thought to himself, genuinely curious.

"I have decided that your smart phones are not going to go on your trip with you. I think being off the grid will help clear your heads. I got each of you these small flip phones that can be used for phone calls and texting, but that's it. I don't want you on social media while on your trip."

Manager Jung opened up a little brown bag and pulled out seven tiny red flip phones.

"What?! No! How is this a vacation when I can't even have my own phone?! Ah!" Jungkook cried.

Namjoon shot Jungkook a stinging glare, as if to say Don't ever be disrespectful like that again to an elder.

Jungkook knew exactly what Namjoon's glare meant.

"...I'm sorry." Jungkook frowned while slowly lowering his eyes to the floor. He really was excited to go on a little adventure with his six hyungs, he was just a little bummed about the "off the grid" part of it.

The other six members thought it was a cool idea, actually. They were excited. They each took a phone from their manager and put each other's numbers in them.

Jimin turned to his manager. "So when does this trip start?"

"You head out tomorrow morning." Manager Jung looked at them with a beaming smile.

"Tomorrow?! That's so soon...that's like...tomorrow?! I have so much to pack!" Taehyung was ecstatic for this trip.

"I should clarify that with no smartphones, that also means no laptops or computers either. Like I said, off the grid. It's good for your mental health. Think of it like some sort of two week long meditation exercise. Anyways, like Taehyung mentioned, you guys need to pack, so I will let you go now." And with that, Manager Jung waved bye to the members as he exited the room giving a small wave. "Have fun guys!"