Chapter 19: Victoria's Birthday Bash

RECAP

.

"Thanks. For coming. And, well, not standing me up."

"Well to you too, for coming through with your plan." I said plainly.

"Anyways, I want to spend time to really talk with you. So please, open up to me." he looked at me with pleading eyes.

"No. Don't pretend like I should just blow things over, after what has happened. You know very well that I hate you right now. So, i'll act in whichever way I want to. It's up to you, whether you can change my mood..or not." I said sharply, taking a sip of my water.

He smiled, "I intend on making you happier than you are now."

"Hmm. We'll have to see."

.

Neymar's P.O.V

"So...."

To be completely honest, I'm really nervous. I have to get this girl, who hates my guts, to open up to me. It honestly feels like the hardest thing in the world. 

"Is this how you plan, on changing my mood?" she raised a brow.

I smiled, "Just wait. I shall smooth you over with my, charm-"

"Which has been overdue, for awhile now." she shot.

Bang. 

"Okay, obviously this wasn't the greatest idea-"

"Good point. It wasn't, so can I leave?"

"No." I paused, "I'm not letting a beautiful woman like you, go without entertainment, or food."

"Alright, let's order and get this show on the road then." she paused, "You used me?"

"Pardon?" 

"You had feelings for her, all the while. I just don't understand why you'd hide that from me."

"Look, I thought my feelings for her were gone. I came to terms with my feelings later on-"

"The minute you were jealous you should have told me."

".....I know. I'm sorry....."

"And that is such a lie. You told me your feelings were there since the minute she came. You even had the audacity to introduce me to her. "

We sat in silence for some time, until we started  to talk again.

I picked up the menu, and sighed heavily.

"Are you tired?" she asked plainly, "Cause if you're tired-" 

"I'm not giving you any reason, to leave."

"I asked a simple question." she said sternly.

"Oh." I breathed, "Uh, no, just stressed." I said softly.

"What would you be stressed about?" she breathed lightly, with a petite smirk on her face, amused at my comment.

"You won't care." I said plainly shaking my head.

"Is that why i'm asking?"

"Guess not." I looked up.

"So then answer my question." she sat back, eyes still on the menu, "Time is ticking."