"Were you watching this whole time?!"

The next day, the sun was shining through the broken glass windows as Clementine and AJ made their way upstairs with AJ running up, a little hop to his step.

"They're gonna let us stay, right? I mean (N/n) and Marlon?" AJ asked, watching Clementine walk up the stairs, the morning sun hitting her face letting a soft sigh. "I guess we're gonna find out. Let's find their office." She suggested.

"I know where it is. I'll show you." He smiled and ran up another flight of stairs. "Up here." He looked back to make sure she was following. "C'mon Clem. This way." And he's off, running off towards the office.

"Hey! AJ— wait up." She called, watching him walk into a room she saw him standing there before looking at her with a smile. "Tenn and (N/n) are here."

Clementine opened the door more to see Tenn playing on the ground with some toys, AJ sitting in front of the older boy. She looks around and spots (Y/n) over on the desk sitting on the chair and looking over some papers. She seemed too focused on that to even hear Tenn. "Hey, Clem. Thank you for the pencils. I miss having colors."

The boy watched her walk in and crouch down and smiled at him. "Sure thing."

"Hey, you. Did you sleep well?" Clem turned and looked at (Y/n) when she heard her voice. She watches her walk over and crouch down next to her and Tenn. Clementine smiled and nodded.

"Hey, yeah better than on the ground or in a car seat." (Y/n) nodded and chuckled, hugging her knees when she heard AJ.

"Who are these guys?" He asked, holding up a toy figure of a firefighter.

"They're firefighters." Tenn answered, holding his toy figure and the firefighter bus. AJ sets the firefighter down and picks up a police officer toy. "That one's a policeman." He informed AJ.

Tenn goes back to playing. "She's gonna save the day." He mused. (Y/n) smiled softly at them, resting her cheek against her knees stealing some glances at Clementine.

AJ stared at the police toy before looking at Tenn with confusion. "But what are they?" (Y/n) frowns, lifting her head and watching the two little boys.

"They...these were the people who protected us." He tried to explain, he stopped playing and gave AJ a look.

"Where are they?" He asked, a little hint of interest in his voice. He looked up at Clementine and (Y/n) for answering, the girls gave each other a look before facing him with a frown. "I've never seen one before." He commented.

"You already know what happened to them." Clem said, making the boy look back at the toy, shaking his head. "They weren't strong enough."

"No, that's not true! They were super strong!" Tenn defended, he sent a sad look towards the smaller boy before reaching out for the toy. "Now give it to me and.." AJ pulled the toy back, hugging it protectively.

"No. He's mine now." AJ continued to dodge Tenn, who was getting annoyed. "Hey, give it back.."

"No."

"You don't even know what they are!"

Both girls stood up frowning at the banter they kids were getting themselves into. (Y/n) reached over and took the toy from AJ as Clem spoke.

"Okay, okay. That's enough, you two." She scolded them, AJ stood up, his face twisted with anger, his hands in fists. "It's not yours anymore."

Tenn responded by sticking his tongue out at him. AJ looked somewhat offended. "Tennessee." (Y/n) scolded, making the boy look up at her before looking down. She sighed and gave the toy back to him.