80

|Azalea's POV|

I wore the strapless red dress that Enzo bought me. He left a note on the bed, telling me to wear it and come outside so that's what I did. We were still at the beach house.

I walked outside, shivering as the cold air made contact with my revealed skin. I saw petals on the floor, creating a path to I don't know where. I did what anyone else would do in such a situation, obviously, I followed the path.

I stopped right in my tracks when i saw a table with two chairs on each sides in the middle of the place. The set was surrounded by lights, and roses.

I felt someone tugging on my dress making me look down and saw Nick. He was dressed into a black suit and he was holding a card. He handed me the card and waited as I opened it.

'Turn around' was written on it. And so I did, I turned around and my eyes almost popped out of it's socket when I saw Enzo standing there looking as handsome as ever in a tuxedo.

"You look beautiful, love." He held my hand and brought it to his lips before placing a soft kiss on the back of it. Why the hell was he being so...formal?

"Come on." He led me towards the table without giving me the chance to compliment him back. He pulled the chair for me and I sat down mumbling a small 'thank you'.  I looked around for Nick and frowned when I didn't see him anywhere.

"Where is—" I was cut off by Enzo who replied, waving his hand, "don't worry about him. He's fine."

I nodded, believing his words. He was acting weirdly nice. He even pulled the chair for me, I mean, he never did that before. Did he win a lottery or something? But then again what's a loterry to him? He already is rich. I internally frowned. What's up with him?

My eyes fell on the covered food on the table. I uncovered it and found pizza underneath. I looked up at him and found him smiling at me.

"Is this a date?" I asked, furrowing my brows, while looking at him curiously. He nodded, "kind of." He then began eating his own food as did I.

We talked about random things; like, he told me, he wanted us to go on a date since we never really went a real date. He then informed me about what was happening in the underworld or mafia world, however you call it.

"I'm fixing it. As soon as it's clear, we can go away from here, somewhere safe, like you wanted." He said to which I sigh, "if you don't want to leave your family to deal with the mafia business alone, I completely understand and we don't have to le—"

He cut me off, "No, it's fine. I've already told Antonio to take over and he said that he will. If he needs any help, my dad will be there for him and me too, if he needs my help. Besides, it's only temporary. I'll take over again after a year or two."

I nodded in understanding. I didn't want him to leave his mafia or anything. What I wanted was for us to be safe. I didn't want to have a repeat of last time.

When we were done eating, he stood up and said he needed to wash his hands so he left while I waited. I was waiting when all the lights suddenly went off, alerting me.

I looked around but couldn't see anything since it was dark. I turned the flashlight in my phone on and searched around but frowned when I didn't see anything out if whack nor anyone.