77

|Enzo's POV|

Three months later

It's been three months since Lea was shot and went into coma. She still hasn't shown any signs of movements. Nick and I would visit her every single day, no matter what time.

"A lot has happened during those three months. You're missing a lot. Alessio has found himself a girlfriend, Liliana Carter. They are getting along pretty well and they seem happy. Liliana is twenty years old." I said to the sleeping beauty in front of me.

"You know, Alessio has started to torture people less and less ever since he met her." I continued, "He is changing and it's probably for the best. He's finally genuinely happy. He said he met her in a coffee shop the months ago."

I was missing her badly. I just wanted to hold her in my arms again, kiss her again, hear her voice again. She was taking too much time.

"Squeeze if you can hear me." I said for the hundredth time. Every time I would visit her, I would say that but she never did. I was about to remove my hand when her fingers twitched making me heartbeat pick up.

"You…You can hear me?" I asked and her finger twitched again. Well, she wasn't squeezing my hand but she was still showing a sign of movement. I was so ecstatic that I stood up and left the room, looking for the doctor.

I told him about what happened and He followed me to the room and checked up on ber. Seconds later, he looked up at me with a bright smile, "That's a good sign. There do is hope for her, after all. Continue to speak to her and get her to interact with you."

|Azalea's POV|

"Squeeze if you can hear me." I heard a familiar voice say yet I couldn't place my finger on who. I felt like I was stuck and I could no longer move. I looked down at my hands and felt like someone was holding them.

I tried to move my hand but ended up only moving a finger. I could no longer control my hand. What the hell was happening to me?

I felt like I was in some sort of prison where I was chained. The chains were so tight that I could barely move. I tried to move but couldn't. I was trapped, it felt weird and I was suffocating.

"You can choose to end this" I heard a voice said. The voice held no emotions, neither was I able to recognize the voice. I didn't know that voice. "You can put an end to this. You know what you have to do." It spoke again.

What did I have to do?

"Give up", it replied as if reading my mind, "give up and die. Stop fighting."

Stop fighting? Give up and die? No fucking way. I wasn't going to just give up. I wasn't one to just give up.

"No" I clenched my jaw, "I will never give up." I had Nick…and Enzo and my family who were waiting for me to wake up and I would wake up, definitely…when the time is right.

"I love you" I heard the familiar voice of Enzo whispered making tears form in my eyes. He loves me...he freaking loves me.

"I love you too." I found myself whispering. I needed to wake the fuck up.

**
|Enzo's POV|

Two months later

Lea has been sleeping for Five months now. But on the bright side, she had been showing a lot of signs. Like, she would actually squeeze my hand every now and then, indicating that she was hearing me.

I was in love with that moment. I finally confessed, granted, she wasn't conscious but she did hear. At least, she heard.

The rest of my family members would also talk to her sometimes, and she would respond to them with a squeeze of their hands also. Alessio took his girlfriend, Lilliana to see Lea. He even introduced the two.

Alessio was genuinely happy. Truth be told, I've never seen him so happy like that. He was becoming sweet. Alessio wasn't one to be sweet and caring with just anyone. He did care for my family and I but he never acted that freely around them. He always felt like he had a limit when he didn't.

When we were kids, he would tell me how much he felt out of place. That boy was broken deep down but he never showed it.

As for Lea, Everyday I would visit her and tell her that I love her and how much I do.

I was telling her about what Nick has been doing in her absence. He's been bonding with the family and he was getting comfortable. Everybody loved him.

"He is trying so hard to learn everyone's name." I said and chuckled, "Anyway, I've got to go. It's quite late." It was around nine at night.

I Bent down and kissed her forehead, "I love you. I can't wait for you to say it back." I didn't know whether she loved me or not, but if she didn't, I'd make her do so.

I was about to remove my hand from hers when she gripped my hand making me stop right in my tracks. She wasn't only squeezing. She was holding. Her heartbeat quickened making the machine beep like crazy.

"I love you too" She whispered. I blinked several times and stared at her as she opened her eyes slowly.

➷➷➷➷➷