Fireworks |24|

The gang went home in laughter. Tony brought in a literal penguin stuffed animal that was huge, and he sat it on his bed. It was getting late, toward 7:30 PM.

Loki was about to leave, he grabbed his keys and wallet. "I'm leaving." He told his friends, who were gathered up in the living room. "Have fun! Don't get too crazy." Tony said with a wink. Loki didn't acknowledge his words, he was still mad at him.

"Enjoy your time." Mobius said with a genuine smile. Loki smiled backs, "I will. Bye!" He left the house.

"We're about to leave too. Stephen and I want to go on the Ferris wheel at night." Tony told Mobius.

"That's very romantic." Mobius teased. Stephen lightly chuckled, "Yeah, that's the plan."

"I'll stay here and watch Tony's penguin plushie." Mobius said in a joking way, which Tony laughed to. "Sounds good, make sure you feed him shrimp okay?" Tony asked, playing along. "Pengwings eat krill, not shrimp." Stephen corrected.

Everyone went silent.

"Did you... wait, wait, say that again." Tony amusingly asked. Stephen was confused, "Pengwings eat krill, not shrimp?" He repeated.

Mobius and Tony laughed together. "Pengwings? Do you mean penguins?" Tony shedded a tear from laughing so hard. "What? That's what I said...?"

Mobius wheezed, "It's penguins, not pengwings."

Stephen shook his head, "Alright. Alright. Let's go to the fair now."

——

"Ah..." Tony breathed in the fresh cold air, as he stared up at the large Ferris wheel, standing in front of him. Him and Stephen were holding food in their hands. Stephen had cotton candy, meanwhile Tony had a hotdog.

They've been waiting in line for about 10 minutes now, a long wait, but they know it'll be worth it. "Next." A young employee said, directing Stephen and Tony into a cart. "Here we go." Stephen and Tony sat down, next to each other.

The cart began to go up in the air, slowly though. "I think we're the last ones. So it won't stop every second." Tony said, while looking down with a smile. "That's good." He looked at Tony, who looked back at him.

They glanced back at the beautiful view, they were being lifted up into the stars. The sky was clear, perfect for star gazing. Their cart stopped midway in the air, they were almost close to the top. "This would look so much cooler with fireworks." Tony beamed with an astonished sigh.

"Oh yeah?" That gave Stephen an idea. He hid his hand to his side, and sparked magic in his fingers. This wasn't dangerous, right? So Tony wouldn't mind, he thought. Out of nowhere, red fireworks exploded in the sky. He looked over at Tony to see his reaction, his face lit up in amazement.

"Woahh! Did you see tha-" Tony was caught in Stephen's captivating eyes. They had a moment of just them staring at each other. "Did you..." Tony softly whispered, his lips barely moving. Stephen formed a giddy grin. "You little shit." Tony said and laughed while nudging his face into Stephen's shoulder.

Another firework bursted into the sky, it exploded into the words 'Tony Stark.' He blushed in embarrassment, "Wizarddd!"

Stephen chuckled, "Alright, just one more." He swerved his fingers. The words 'I love you' lit up in the sky. There were people saying "Awww" on the ground. Tony gasped at how beautiful it was, the words were lit up in the colors red and yellow. An odd color combination, but he really liked it.

Tony leaned his head on Stephen's shoulder. His lips formed a bit of a pout. "Aw, I love you too." Tony softly told him. Stephen kissed Tony's head and leaned on him after. Stephen's phone rang, which ruined the moment.

"Dammit, why do phone calls ruin good moments?" Tony asked in an aggravated tone. "Tell me about it." He glanced at the number, "It's the Ancient One... I didn't know she could work a phone." He answered and held it up to his ear.

"Please tell me you're calling the right Stephen?" He joked, but at the same time he was being serious.

The Ancient One didn't laugh, she immediately said, "Stephen, is Tony with you?"

"Uh... uh, yeah? Why?"

"Hand the box over to him."

"Box?? You mean a phone? The thing you're using to talk to me?" Stephen asked her.

"Yes, the phone. Hand it over to Tony, right now." She was being short with him, which meant something was up.

He was concerned, but did what she asked. "She wants to talk with you." Stephen gave him the phone. Tony cleared his throat, "Yeah?"

"Tony, has Stephen been acting strange?"

Tony made a weird face, "Uh... I don't know? What do you mean?" He glanced at Stephen, who was staring at the sky. "The substance Gelid used to drown Stephen wasn't water."

"What? Then what was it?"

"We don't know... but if he's acting weirder than usual, please let me know. Don't tell him about this." The Ancient One told him. "Okay? I won't." He declined the call and gave the phone back to Stephen.

"What did she say?"

"Ah, she was asking me if I built the missile." Tony sheepishly smiled. Stephen tilted his head, "You know I can sense whenever you're lying right? I've told you this many times before."

Tony's nervous smile dropped, "Shit... I can't tell you, sorry."

"Oh? Why not?"

"Becauseee, I can't tell you babe." He kissed Stephen's cheek. Stephen was skeptical of this situation, but he decided to let it go.

——

They arrived home at 10:30 PM, they decided to watch a horror movie after they left the fair. They walked into the living room, and saw Mobius sitting alone on the couch. "Hey Mob, what're you doing?" Tony asked him as he sat down his jacket.

Mobius was staring at his phone, "Loki said he'd be here 30 minutes ago. He hasn't responded to any of my texts."

Tony shrugged, "Well he's with his girlfriend, they don't see each other that often, so I imagine he lost track of time."

"No, he said that he was driving home. It takes 10 minutes to get here. And he's not here yet." Mobius said with a frown. Stephen and Tony exchanged concerned glances. "If he doesn't come back in another 30 minutes, should we call Iris?" Stephen asked them.

"I already called her, she said he left."

"What...? What could've possibly happened to him?" Tony questioned.