Roomates |1|

Today I don't feel like doing anything

I just want to lay in my bed

Stephen was mumbling the lyrics, "I met a really nice girl, had some really nice-" He looked at the hallway to make sure nobody was around. He proceeded to sing the song. He dusted his shelves, packed his things, and was finally ready to take off.

Wong appeared by the doorway, crossing his arms, "I'm going to miss you and your terrible taste in music." Stephen faced the other way, "Hey. I introduced you to Beyoncé." Stephen said while scoffing. Wong took a deep breath in, he had tears in his eyes. They stared at each other for a brief moment, Stephen cut it off by pulling in Wong for a hug while saying, "I'll miss you, buddy. I'll be back next summer."

They pulled apart. Wong wiped his tears away and grinned, "Promise me you'll take me to a Beyoncé concert whenever you get back?"

Stephen softly smiled, "I promise..." He looked around his room one last time and said goodbye to it. "Well...off I go to college." Stephen gripped on to his suitcase and walked past Wong. He followed closely behind him, "Uhm, uh- did you know that only 13% get into the college you're going to?" Wong shyly asked, trying to start his last conversation with Stephen.

"I can imagine. Only geniuses and people with powers can get in." They walked out of the building and stopped as they saw the Ancient One standing in front of a portal, staring at them. "I didn't think you'd be leaving this early, there's many spells I haven't taught you yet. Perhaps if you stay longer, I can teach you them." The Ancient One offered.

Stephen approached the Ancient One and hugged her with one arm, "It's time for me to start a new chapter in life. Besides, I won't be gone for long."

"Very well then. I talked with the father of a student that'll be attending your college, we arranged for you to have a fraternity house with his son and a few other students."

Stephen blinked twice at her words, "Uhm, a fraternity house? I don't know if I'd like that..." She never mentioned that to him.

"You won't know until you try." She gave him a packet with information of the fraternity home. Stephen slowly took the packet while looking unsure at his mentor. "You're right... thank you for all that you've done." He bowed to her and turned around, he waved at Wong.

Stephen braced himself, he walked through the portal that lead to the campus of the college. Before he could turn around, the portal disappeared. "Goodbye..." He said to himself. He set down the packet and his suitcase. He grabbed his phone and played High Hopes by Panic at the Disco, with earplugs in of course.

Momma said, 'don't give up, it's a little complicated'

"All tied up, no more love, and I'd hate to see you waiting." He sang to himself with a wide smile while walking around campus. The energy felt so nice, there were people everywhere.

Some were talking, and some were doing magic! If he were to make friends, he'd definitely try to make friends with someone who understands magic. He already had his schedule, he grabbed ahold of it 2 weeks ago. All that's next is to settle into his fraternity house.

He had to sling-ring his way there, as the house itself is not on campus. He arrived at the front door, nervously shaking. He breathed in and told himself, "It's okay if they don't like you. You don't need anyone's validation." After seconds of building courage, he rang the doorbell.