Truth |20|

He had an idea... what if he were to secretly tell Stephen about Gelid? So, he doesn't have to be in this alone. He doesn't want to fake being horrible to Stephen, it breaks his heart each word he lets out. He'll need time to plan this, he thought. Just to make sure that Gelid doesn't have a secret camera or recorder in his room, he'd have to be alone with Stephen, for sure.

"Seriously, I can't tell you..." He'll have to investigate Gelid's security program. How would Gelid even know if Tony told him? He thinks that Gelid is spying on him, which made him feel disgusted. A murder spying on Tony's private life... absolutely revolting.

Stephen glanced down, frowning at his friend's decision. "Do you really want me gone?"

Tony was speechless, what was there to say? He had to lie to him for his safety. "Just leave Stephen."

His heart shattered, "Well then..." Stephen choked, "I guess we aren't lovers."

Tony bit his lip, "We were never lovers..."

Stephen made an offended face, "Fuck you for toying with my feelings. I genuinely cared for you, and I don't know what you used me for...sex? You did ask me about sex multiple times. Am I just an object to you?"

"I didn't use you for sex..."

"Oh yeah? So what the hell did you use me for? Spit it out, I'm not afraid." Stephen stood close to Tony, staring directly into his eyes. "You wouldn't understand..."

"Try me."

Tony stood straight, matching Stephen's gestures. "Get out, otherwise Mobius won't be the only one getting sent to the hospital tonight."

Stephen laughed, "I can't believe you. All this time, you're just a fraud-"

"Yeah, well, welcome to the real world bitch. Not everything is as it seems."

"Fine. You want me to leave? I'll move in with Gelid."

Tony's eyes widened, "No!" He grabbed Stephen by the collar, "Stay the fuck away from Gelid you hear me?"

"What? Why...?" His tone was stern. Tony let go of Stephen's shirt and turned around. "Tony... were you cheating on me with him?"

"Huh!?" Tony turned back, "No! No..."

"You bastard, you were... I can sense whenever you're lying."

Tony messed this whole thing up bad... He groaned, "Fine! If you want to know the truth so badly..." He whispered into his ear, "Make a portal far away from this place."

Stephen didn't do anything, he stared at him in confusion. "DO IT!" Tony yelled.

Stephen kept his eye on Tony as he made the portal, "Here. Our favorite restaurant."

Tony caught Stephen off guard by grabbing him by the hand and dragging him through the portal. They sat down at a table, sitting face to face with each other.

"I don't know what to fucking do Stephen..." He covered his face with his hands, on the table. "You're in trouble, I'm in trouble, my whole family is in trouble." He said.

Stephen tilted his head, still angry about earlier. "What is that supposed to mean?" He coldly asked.

He looked up at him with fear, "If... If I tell you this... you might get killed."

"I don't understand, what are you talking about?"

"My kidnapper is... using me to build a missile. And they said that..." He leaned in closely, "They said that they'd kill you and all of my loved ones, if I don't do it."

Stephen gasped, "That's why you said those horrible things to me... to distance myself from you?"

Tony nodded, "I wanted them to believe that I hate you, so that you're not on their list."

"Tony... so you didn't mean anything you said?"

"Not at all!" He held Stephen's hand. "I'm so sorry, I'm sorry for hurting you, I'm sorry for saying those things to you. I've lost my mind... I feel so alone now. Nobody can help me..."

"You're not alone in this, not anymore. Who is doing this?"

"...Just to be safe, I can't tell you."

"Tony, we can fight them together. With my magic and your brilliant mind, we're unstoppable." He squeezed his hand. Tony felt so grateful to have Stephen in his life... he regretted everything he had said. Tears flowed over his eyes, "Oh shit... Mobius!" Tony said.

Stephen jumped up and conjured a portal, they ran in. Mobius was lying on the ground with Loki, holding Mobius in his arms. Loki looked back, "No!" He held his hand out, sparking magic, "Stay the fuck away from him."

An ambulance arrived, roaring sirens alerted the gang that they're here. Loki allowed the doctors to soar through, they immediately pick up Mobius and place him on a stretcher. Stephen looked at Tony, mortified. Tony messed up bad...