Reminiscent

Y/n has completed 8 missions now and has been alive for 4 months. Scaramouche and y/n fight way too often to the point even Childe is annoyed and you've both been assigned a child's table so you don't destroy everyone's meal and so that they don't have to hear it as loudly when you argue.

You've made a few friends including Venti,Zhongli,Childe, Xiao, Hu tao, Yanfei, and even Diona and Keaya on all your missions.

Y/n does missions constantly to give her something to do. Attending meetings everyday to discuss fatui business and having to sit at the opposite side of the table from Scaramouche.

In a sense, being able to be childish and argue with Scaramouche makes you happy since if you can be the same way you used to be, you can still be around him.

Even though Scaramouche acts like he hates your guts (probably actually does) you two always spar outside to train and for a bit just forget you two are opponents and just critique and help one another progress in battle.

You can only wonder if Scaramouche ever sees resemblance in 'Lilith' and y/n.

~

"Hey Scaramouche!, wanna hang out with me, Childe, and La signora ?? You ask standing outside his office door. "No." He answers sternly. " get out here right now." You answer in an almost mocking tone.

Pretty soon the only thing the fatui agents can hear is a commotion of things being shattered and yelling voices of the two Harbingers. All knowing that Scaramouche is gonna be in a murderous mood and y/n is gonna be extra annoying the whole day. And the fact they have to clean up after the two only makes them groan and sigh.

~

As the group walks through liyue receiving nasty looks left and right they couldn't care less. Y/n catches sight of a familiar yaksha "XIAOOOOO" you shout to get his attention " HEY HEY XIAO!!, OVER HEREEEE" Xiao just acts like he can't hear you and picks up his pace to get away from the young girl that always seems to be as energetic as a puppy. "Aweeee" you pout as Scaramouche tells you to shut up and calls you an idiot.

~

After walking around and shopping for 3 hours the group goes there separate ways, most going back to the
Fatui.

Y/n goes the opposite direction of Scaramouche and Childe to the Liyue gate which peaks Scaramouche's Intrest enough to follow you secretly.

~

When at star snatch cliff y/n sits down and stares at the sunset.

"I miss this feeling" you say aloud before getting your vision out and you stare at it and at the ocean below.

"I wish I could start again without my memories.." You chuckle before drawing your arm back about to throw the old Pyro vision.

Just as your about to draw your arm forward and throw it a warm hand grabs your wrist and snatches your vision.

"What are you an idiot?" Scaramouche questions the now on the verge of tears y/n.

"Maybe" you answer with a sad yet warm smile.

"Why would you throw your vision?" Scaramouche interrogates y/n.

"I just thought I could get rid of my past by throwing it away forever.." You say as a few tears roll down your face.

"No matter what kind of past you've had, there is no reason to get rid of a blessing from an archon." He says before sitting down beside you.

"You see, when conflicted its best not to make rash decisions. I knew this girl named y/n, she's dead now but I was conflicted and angry at the world. All I could do was take my anger out on others and at one point I almost threw away my vision just like you where about to."

Y/n bursts out into tears that illuminate her face in the sunset.

"Sorry for everything" the girl says. Mainly talking about the past but knowing he's to dense to know that he would just think it's Lilith apologizing for their arguments.

"Guess it pity party time now.. pathetic" Scaramouche says while allowing a tear to escape from his purple orbs.

Y/n chuckles at the sight.

"So imagine your stuck in a situation where you have to fake your identity and your afraid of the consequences of living?" You question trying not to hint too much.

"Not sure, never been in that situation" he then smiles at the sunset with tears on his pale skin.

Scaramouche remembers he's holding your vision and hands it back to you. "Thanks" you say before holding the vision to your chest and hugging it.

"Why do you like it so much up here?" Scaramouche questions slightly interested but still not really caring.

You hum in response "I was here alot as a child, so it holds great meaning." You answer while staring at your Pyro vision.

Scaramouche's eyes start shaking and he seems paralyzed. "You remind me so much of her, I hate it so much yet love it. It hurts" he says holding his head and panicking.

You warmly smile at him and place your hand on his shoulder.

"Why do your eyes glow (e/c) color in the sun, why does your voice sound so childish and caring and warm, why does your vision have to be Pyro, why do I always find you up here, why do you even care for me, why did Childe and Venti call you y/n?" Scaramouche questions sobbing and panicking in denial.

"I need your reassurance that it's all coincidence!" He shouts eyes shaking and voice cracking with his eyes staring through your soul.

Seeing him this torn hurts you so badly, it's as if you feel your heart ripping by looking at him.

~

A/n: sorry for the cliff hanger but- should y/n lie about it and deny being y/n or should she be honest and tell scaramouche ?