Chapter 90: End

Gu Wei had absolutely no trouble falling asleep that night. He'd dozed off while Jiang Xun was still talking to him.

He hadn't taken any medicine, and he didn't wake up in the middle of the night. He couldn't remember the last time he had slept so well. He dreamt of last night's concert. The sea of lights in the crowd illuminated his dreams.

Then, his dream progressed. The big bully Jiang Xun made an appearance.

No matter how he had cried out, no matter how he had squirmed, Jiang Xun had refused to let go of him. Jiang Xun just repeated some nonsense about paying for old mistakes, only releasing Gu Wei after Gu Wei's eyes had grown red with tears.

Eventually, Gu Wei began to stir. He started to feel restless. There was still a residual ache in the place where he'd been bullied last night. That soreness seemed only to grow more intense as he slowly came to. He felt a little perplexed, and a little confused. Hadn't he paid all his debts last night? What was it now?

He opened his eyes, still feeling sluggish, and gradually realized these sensations didn't come from his dream.

The light of early dawn was trickling in through the window. Jiang Xun had already pinned Gu Wei to the bed, capturing both his hands to keep him from moving around. He seemed determined to give a repeat performance of everything they'd done last night.

Gu Wei could hardly make a sound.

This was just too much!

"Jiang Xun, I'm sleepy…" Gu Wei was still a little disoriented, and he couldn't rest easy with Jiang Xun messing with him all over again. "Haven't you had enough? What time is it…"

"You're finally awake?" Jiang Xun asked, hovering over him. "Good. It's more interesting this way."

"Didn't I… already pay my debt?" Gu Wei protested. "I want to go back to sleep."

Last night, at the end of everything, he had been bullied to the point of tears. Jiang Xun had reassured him that he'd paid for the past now, and there would be no more bullying in the future.

So why…

"You wanna know why?" Jiang Xun asked, perceptively guessing Gu Wei's thoughts.

"Mhm." Gu Wei's voice was still hazy with the lingering remnants of sleep.

Jiang Xun lifted a hand and lightly wiped at Gu Wei's dewy eyes. "Have you heard this saying?"

"What saying?"

"'You can never trust what a man says in bed.'"

Gu Wei was silent.

"Furthermore…" Jiang Xun stilled for a moment, letting Gu Wei get his bearings. "Congratulations, Little Weilai. We have a new score to settle."

"Did I kick you in my sleep?" Gu Wei asked, suddenly feeling more alert and alarmed.

"No."

"Then… did I bite you yesterday? Does it hurt?" Gu Wei suddenly remembered the taste of blood that had bloomed across his tongue last night. He just hadn't had the presence of mind to worry about it back then.

"You did. I almost forgot about that. Let's add that to your debt too." There was a pikachu-patterned band-aid wrapped around Jiang Xun's middle finger. "Come on, let's continue counting up what you owe together."

"There's more? I can't think of anything," Gu Wei said, resigned.

"Do you remember what I asked you yesterday?" Jiang Xun prompted.