Chapter 32: Filthy Adult

Gu Wei was lying on the couch in his dormitory building. He had spent all night scrolling through his phone, but still hadn't found a suitable gift for Jiang Xun.

"What's got you so stressed out?" their group's captain Fu Zhi asked as he passed Gu Wei. "You're pulling out all the fur on that hugging pillow and getting it all over the floor."

"Choosing a gift for someone," Gu Wei answered honestly.

Fu Zhi instantly understood. "The same someone you wanted to hire a male prostitute for?"

"…yeah."

"So, why'd you decide against the prostitute?" asked Luo Chenxuan. He had come out of his room for his nightly routine of getting some water before bed, and naturally he invited himself to join in on the conversation when he overhead his two bandmates speaking.

"Because… he didn't seem very happy about it," Gu Wei mumbled. One again, he thought of being pulled into Jiang Xun's lap and being spanked. With those memories flooding into his mind, he couldn't stop his face from turning red.

"Weiwei." Luo Chenxuan studied their youngest member with a feeling of not knowing whether he wanted to laugh or cry. "Think about it. If you reversed it and someone wanted to give you that same 'present', would you be happy about it?"

Reverse it?

Gu Wei froze. If he reversed it, that would mean Jiang Xun finding someone for Gu Wei to hire for a… 'subscription package'.

There was nothing Gu Wei could say to that.

Just thinking about it made him feel kind of depressed, and even a little angry. It would have felt like Jiang Xun was just dismissing him and not truly caring about him.

But why should that matter to him, anyway? Why did it matter to Gu Wei whether or not Jiang Xun cared about him?

Why did the idea of that reversal make him feel this way?

"Do you get it now?" Both of the other guys from his group now looked like they were caught between laughter and tears. "Didi, your brain really works in mysterious ways."

"Are you choosing a gift for that someone as an apology?" Luo Chenxuan asked.

Gu Wei nodded.

"Then you should ask the people who are close to the person you're giving a gift to," Luo Chenxuan suggested. "That might make it easier to choose something."

Gu Wei racked his brain for anyone he knew that was close to Jiang Xun. In the end, it was his rival Jiang Ying who floated to the surface of his mind.

Alright.

Jiang Ying, then.

Gu Wei was on set at Riverside Studios. He faced the camera and delivered the last lines on his script, completing the shooting of his latest product endorsement.

"Gu Wei-didi, thanks for your hard work," said the spokesperson from the brand, offering Gu Wei two packs of the chocolate he had just endorsed.

"Thank you," Gu Wei said politely, before making his rounds to thank the crew as well.

"Weiwei," Mu Yue called out. "Can you wait in the lounge for a little while? Zhao-jie asked me to review the contract details with the client one more time."

"Sure, I'll wait for you here."

The lounge was a little stuffy. Gu Wei leaned against the railing outside the room and waited for Mu Yue to hurry back.

Since he had some downtime, his mind drifted to thoughts of the gift again.

He pulled up his chat log with that 'Filthy Adult', and originally planned on typing something, but quickly changed his mind. Instead, when he remembered the way Jiang Xun had answered him last time, he gave up on typing and sent a voice message.