Chapter 63: Director! Cut These Out!

"Ge, your hearing is so good," Gu Wei enthused, doing his very best to praise and placate Jiang Xun.

"You flatter me," Jiang Xun said. "It's not that my hearing is good. It's just that my little Weiwei's voice is so nice. In the future, you should scream for me more often."

Gu Wei was starting to squirm from all the touching, but he didn't know where the cameras were or whether or not the mics were picking up their voices. He didn't dare make any sudden movements or raise his voice. He could only whisper, quietly pleading for mercy.

"I… was wrong," Gu Wei said, trying to redeem himself. "I shouldn't have lost my inhibitions and shouted into the night, and I shouldn't have brought personal matters into this variety show."

"Think about these words," Jiang Xun prompted, unmoved by Gu Wei's admission of guilt. "'I was wrong.' How many times have I heard these words from you? Too many times, don't you think? In the future, you can apologize all you want, but I'll still make you pay."

It really seemed, no matter how much time they spent together, Gu Wei simply couldn't learn his lesson.

Gu Wei couldn't even argue.

It had been a while since he last caused trouble. He was a little taken off-guard by this new hole he'd dug for himself.

"Don't move around so much," Jiang Xun warned. "It's not like you don't know what I'm attracted to."

Gu Wei stopped squirming, but he was a little flustered and… bothered. After all, he and Jiang Xun were both attracted to men.

If Jiang Xun had a reaction to Gu Wei squirming around, how could Gu Wei be immune to what Jiang Xun was doing? Whether it was Jiang Xun's actions or Jiang Xun's words, it all had a pronounced effect on Gu Wei. He had very little resistance to any of it.

But Gu Wei knew he really had been in the wrong, so he had no choice but to endure a certain someone's relentless teasing.

Inside the surveillance room, Director Zhang pored over the live feeds from all over the set.

"Where are Gu Wei and Jiang Xun?" he asked. "How could we lose the guests while filming a variety show?"

"Reporting in!" Crew Member 1 announced. "Director, we lost them, but their camera crews and drones are in pursuit."

"Reporting in!" Crew Member 2 echoed. "Jiang Xun seems to have turned off his mic, and Gu Wei's replacement mic hasn't been turned on yet."

Director Zhang silently mulled over the facts.

Something was going on. Something was definitely going on with those two. If something wasn't going on with those two, Director Zhang would do a handstand and sing a song.

He was going to go down in history as the first variety show director who lost two guests.

"Make the drones go faster," he ordered. "Where the hell did those two run off to?"

"We'll catch up soon. We sent their cameramen a car," a crew member said. "Oh, by the way, Shi Xinyan is still stuck on the roof. He can't get down. We might need to send someone to help him."

"Hurry up with that. Isn't Bei Ke nearby? Send him a task to go fetch Shi Xinyan."

Director Zhang sighed. He had meticulously crafted a perfect plan for his show, and now he felt like he was running a daycare center for a bunch of demonic preschoolers.

Even the best laid plans of mice and men…

He couldn't have anticipated a few of his guests would scuttle up to the rooftops, and he couldn't have imagined Jiang Xun would abduct Gu Wei in the middle of the show.