Chapter 17: Have You Seen What's Trending?

Gu Wei found his cell phone under the bed. He'd forgotten to plug it in before falling asleep, and now the battery was dead.

He plugged in his phone once he woke, then stepped out of his room to wash his face and brush his teeth.

"Morning," he greeted.

In the common area, there were two people sitting on the couch and two people sprawled out on their backs. They turned to Gu Wei in unisob when he entered the room.

"Why are you guys looking at me like that?" Gu Wei asked, thoroughly befuddled. "Did I sleep so long that my face changed shape?"

Just one night had passed before they last saw each other. Yet, for some reason, these four were looking at Gu Wei with something like admiration in their eyes.

He was a dancer in a boyband. When did people ever look at him with that kind of admiration?

"Didi, have you seen what's trending?" Shi Xinyan asked.

"My phone ran out of battery and shut itself off," Gu Wei said. "Am I being dissed again?"

It couldn't be, right? He hadn't done anything wrong. He hadn't tried to steal the spotlight at their performance last night, and he hadn't picked a fight with his rival.

The other four shook their heads in unison.

"It's even worse than that?" he asked.

The other four shook their heads again.

"Then it's not a problem," Gu Wei said. "I'm going to go wash up. I have to get to the airport soon."

Since he was so accustomed to trending due to his anti-fans berating him for this or that, he wasn't too bothered by this issue.

Chi Yunkai and Shi Xinyan had been holding the news in all night, and they had even been wounded in the line of duty. Now, they both cracked. They just couldn't hold it in any longer.

"Didi, take a look at what's trending."

"My phone is charging," Gu Wei said, holding out his hands.

"Take mine." Chi Yunkai passed over his cell phone.

Gu Wei stopped moving and turned his gaze to Chi Yunkai's phone.

#LonelyJiangXun

"Eh?" Gu Wei frowned.

What was so interesting about a trending topic like that? His bandmates were way too obsessed with Jiang Xun, weren't they? It would be one thing if they just followed his tournaments, but they cared when he trended, too?

Gu Wei wasn't one of Jiang Xun's diehard fans. Why should he care if the meme was trending?

"What do you think?" Chi Yunkai asked. He rubbed his hands together, like he was expecting something profound.

"I'd expect nothing less from Pervert Jiang," Gu Wei said. "Even feeling lonely is enough of a reason for him to trend."

This reaction meme was really too high-profile.

Gu Wei could admire that about him.

Chi Yunkai had fallen silent.

And Shi Xinyan as well.

Gu Wei returned the phone and went on his merry way, strolling off to the bathroom and leaving the other four behind to share apprehensive looks with one another.

"Did he dig up that old post on purpose?" Luo Chenxuan whispered.

Fu Zhi, holding a big mug, shook his head. "I don't think so."