Chapter 6: I'll Take You

Jiang Xun tapped on the video Jiang Ying sent him. The video featured T.ATW from back when they first debuted. It showed them performing at some event, with bright red scrolling captions added to say that something exciting was coming up.

Soon, the camera panned over to Gu Wei.

The Gu Wei in the video was even younger than he looked now. He must have been pretty nervous when he started singing, and he was heinously off-key from the very first line.

"Pfft," Jiang Xun laughed.

What was Jiang Ying doing, sending over embarrassing videos of his nemesis?

As he continued watching, Jiang Xun saw that Gu Wei quickly noticed he was out of tune. When Gu Wei realized, he slapped a hand over his mouth while his beautiful eyes darted left and right, as though to see if the cameras and spectators had noticed. Then, though embarrassed, he swiftly recovered and joined in on the dance routine. It really was an adorable moment…

And he really didn't seem like the sort of person who could 'entertain' a hundred and eighty customers.

But Gu Wei had made that claim himself. Jiang Xun had no choice but to believe him.

He still couldn't figure out why Jiang Ying had sent him that video out of the blue, though. Exiting out of WeChat, he opened up Weibo and instantly saw the Wandering With You preview that sat at the top of the trending topics list.

Jiang Xun was used to hurling obscenities back and forth with his teammates when they were in the middle of a heated competition, but on the day he ran into Gu Wei, he hadn't meant to do any lasting damage with his words. He'd just gotten the urge to tease Gu Wei a little, seeing as this was the kid who was so boldly and recklessly soliciting… 'clients' on WeChat.

But he hadn't considered that Gu Wei might not have been able to take a little teasing.

In the trailer, while Gu Wei apologized with his head bowed, he could clearly be seen sneaking a glance at Jiang Xun out of the corner of his eye. Like a fan, happy to catch a glimpse of their idol.

But it seemed like Jiang Xun had accidentally, in a moment of carelessness, scared Gu Wei away.

The trending tag was full of people speculating wildly about Jiang Xun's identity, but Jiang Xun didn't care about that. He ignored those comments and peeked into the blog of one of Gu Wei's fans.

@gwbbsavemeee: Our precious bean is so so so cute. He's been working hard this whole time. He's really amazing, please don't slander him and please enjoy his work.

On their Weibo page, this user had also posted a short video clip of Gu Wei. The video was centered on Gu Wei, showing him made-up and dressed in a flashy outfit. His alluring, peach-petal eyes were highlighted with a glittery eyeshadow that made them even more attractive. The choreography of the dance he was performing seemed complicated, but he had no trouble keeping up with the beat.

Due to his family's background, Jiang Xun was no stranger to the entertainment world. Although he had escaped that world himself, he still knew what kind of person could become popular and famous. He more or less had an instinct for it.

Gu Wei had a good figure, and his height was also suitable for dancing. He didn't look like he struggled with anything. His movements when dancing hinted at innate talent and hard work.

It went without saying that the Gu Wei who danced on stage and the Gu Wei going about his everyday life were like two different people entirely. On stage, Gu Wei seemed to transform into the type of person his fans all said he was—

On stage, he was undeniably very alluring.

In the video, as the electrifying music played on, Gu Wei spun and flipped up the hem of his shirt. His stud earring flashed under the spotlight as he ran up to the audience, throwing the front row a wink and sending a wave of excited screams rippling through the crowd.