Chapter 44: [REDACTED] is Pretty Nice

Gu Wei could feel his manager sinking into an eerily thoughtful silence.

Zhao Ya had, naturally, noticed Gu Wei was keeping an exceptionally low profile these days. The other members of T.ATW had all uniformly stated that they didn't know where Gu Wei had gone, so Zhao Ya assumed Gu Wei had simply gone home or something. She didn't give it much thought; when she asked where he was over the phone, it was only a formality.

She certainly hadn't expected to discover their popular boy band's lead dancer had been… taken home by someone else.

Zhao Ya had just finished watching the first episode of Escape Without a Trace, and she instantly recognized Jiang Xun's voice.

The popularity of their ship was still rising on Weibo with no end in sight. Zhao Ya had just been in the middle of worrying about how to control that rampant growth, and Gu Wei was out there delivering himself directly into Jiang Xun's hands.

No wonder the other four members of the group had kept their mouths shut about where Gu Wei had gone, adamantly insisting they didn't have a clue.

Originally, Zhao Ya had planned on praising Gu Wei for finally showing some natural charisma on a variety show. But it seemed that charm wasn't a sudden show of acting prowess at all, but rather… there really was something going on with these two.

Her first thought was that they absolutely could not allow the shippers to find out Jiang Xun and Gu Wei had met in private.

After taking a long, long moment to calm down, the manager said, "Jiang-zong, thank you for looking after our Weiwei. He must be inconveniencing you."

Taking Jiang Xun's status and family background into consideration, Zhao Ya had settled on a formal and respectful way of addressing him.

"There's no need for that, you can just call me Jiang Xun," Jiang Xun said from beside Gu Wei. "And it's not an inconvenience at all. Weiwei has been very well-behaved."

Gu Wei was still holding the phone, silent.

The manager gave this some more thought before she said, "It would still be best for the two of you to spend some time apart. I'm sure you've seen the trending topics on Weibo already. It won't be good for either of you if these things spread too fast."

"I don't have a problem with it. My achievements aren't affected by anything but my personal skill," Jiang Xun said. In the esports world, only his wins mattered, and he had complete confidence in his own ability to stay on top. "As for Gu Weiwei, the persona your agency set up for him isn't a heartthrob. He isn't playing the part of everyone's dream boyfriend. Why should this be any cause for concern?"

Zhao Ya was dumbstruck. Gu Wei was very reasonable and easy to talk to, but it seemed Jiang Xun had no intentions of being reasonable at all. After he had said his piece, Zhao Ya had half a mind to get an assistant to fetch Gu Wei that very night. Obviously he needed to be rescued from the TMW club before Jiang Xun devoured him whole.

"Don't worry," Jiang Xun continued. "The club building is very safe, and you don't want to worry about my people. No one will sneak photos of us, and no one will go around telling people Gu Wei is here."

Gu Wei couldn't listen anymore. He had to speak up to do his part to reassure his manager. "Zhao-jie, really, don't worry. I'll leave bright and early with Mu Yue tomorrow. I'm only here to do research for my script and my character, anyway. It's all for work. Don't worry, and go get some rest early today."

Zhao Ya was silent.

They were all telling her not to worry, but there was no way in hell she wouldn't worry.