Chapter 44: [REDACTED] is Pretty Nice

Start from the beginning

The Jiang family controlled several film, television, and media companies in the entertainment industry. They could do just about anything they wanted, and they could have anything they desired. Jiang Xun, it seemed, had set his eye on T.ATW's precious lead dancer and snatched him up faster than anyone could so much as blink.

Did Gu Wei have any idea what he was getting himself into?

At least Gu Wei's drama would start filming the very next day. Zhao Ya had to believe that Jiang Xun would get bored and forget all about this with a few days apart. And she had to believe the shippers would take that time to calm down as well.

When Jiang Xun finished up his training and returned to his dorm room, he found that Gu Wei had yet to fall asleep.

Gu Wei had just gotten out of the shower. He was wearing Jiang Xun's pajamas, and his hair was still wet. He had been afraid of getting Jiang Xun's bed sheets wet, so he'd pulled a chair over to the center of the room, where he was now sitting and reviewing his script.

"Why haven't you gone to sleep?" Jiang Xun reached out and took the script from Gu Wei. It had obviously been read over and over again, and all sorts of notes were already scribbled inside.

"I was waiting for you," Gu Wei said.

"Waiting for me?" Jiang Xun echoed. Hearing such a sweet answer from Gu Wei's lips was still a fresh, new experience for Jiang Xun. "Don't you need to wake up early tomorrow morning?"

Gu Wei forgot all about his script, ignored the question, and said, "Jiang Xun, happy birthday!"

Jiang Xun had been so busy with training that he had completely forgotten his own birthday. He never imagined there would be someone staying up late in his dorm room, waiting to greet him with birthday wishes.

"You have trouble falling asleep, and you still stayed up?" Jiang Xun hardly knew what to do with Gu Wei. He shook his head and beckoned Gu Wei closer as he said, "Come here."

Gu Wei obediently sat at the edge of the bed and watched as Jiang Xun found a hair dryer, plugged it in, and got ready to blow dry his hair for him.

"It's fine if you don't blow it," Gu Wei said. "It'll dry on its own, anyway."

"Who told you that? It's chilly in the autumn. If you catch a cold, how are you going to film tomorrow?" Jiang Xun sat down next to Gu Wei and turned on the hair dryer. "If you don't properly dry your hair next time, I'll scold you."

The warm hair from the dryer gusted over Gu Wei's face. He instinctively turned his head towards Jiang Xun's touch, practically nuzzling into his handsome hands. Jiang Xun's hands moved through his hair, massaging his scalp from time to time, leaving Gu Wei with a warm and cozy feeling.

As far as Gu Wei could remember, no one had ever helped him blow dry his hair before. This was the first time he was experiencing such a sensation.

"All done," Jiang Xun announced. He turned off the hair dryer and set it aside before lifting a hand to wipe away the few water droplets still clinging to Gu Wei's lashes.

Gu Wei, sitting next to Jiang Xun, was starting to feel bad. It was Jiang Xun's birthday, and not only would Gu Wei be unable to spend his birthday with him, he had made Jiang Xun help him blow dry his hair so late at night.

Maybe he had been confused and led astray by those warm and cozy feelings. Jiang Xun's present wouldn't arrive until the morning, and Gu Wei felt that he wanted to make Jiang Xun happy right now.

"Jiang Xun, I'll dance for you." Gu Wei looked down and thought about it for a moment, then abruptly looked back up at Jiang Xun. He'd made up his mind. "I'll perform SOLO1 for you."