Chapter sixteen;

Delilah's pov:

"How does it feel?" I ask Pete as I watch him cut up a stack of pancakes "how does what feel?" Pete says smiling "being old?" I say laughing "oh shut up i'm only twenty-eight" Pete says smiling at me "only?" I say dramatically "I hate you" Pete says smiling at me, I smile back.

Today is November sixteenth which means it's finally Pete's birthday. Ever since my birthday happened back in September i've been waiting for the day that I could spoil Pete for his birthday and make his day feel magical as mine but Pete decided to ruin that plan by randomly deciding to have a chilled out birthday.

"I wish my birthday was everyday" Pete says as he takes the last bite of his hash brown "why?" I say smiling at him "I'd love to eat your breakfast every morning" Pete explains "that can be arranged actually it doesn't need to be your birthday everyday" I say smiling "please? I would actually kill for that" Pete says smiling "anything for you my love" I say as I softly grab his hand.

"My mom and sister have been talking about you non-stop at this point i'm almost convinced they think about you even more then and I do and that's saying something" Pete says "I'll have to make an appearance again" I say smiling at Pete "how about today? I do need to go home to get ready for our small party and I couldn't stand being without out for more than an hour" Pete says smiling I smile back at him "of course"

"Before we do go I wanted to give you a present" I say "I told you no presents Delilah" Pete says to me "oh you did? I totally forgot" I say sarcastically Pete then sighs "don't worry my love you're definitely going to like this" I reassure Pete "fine, I trust you" Pete says softly I blush at his words "i'll be right back" I say running into my room.

As I walk back into my living room I have my guitar in hand, Pete smiles "you know I don't know how to play that thing" I roll my eyes "you're so dumb" "so? what's this guitar have to do with my present?" Pete asks "well I know that you like my singing and always seems to enjoy my songs so I decided to write you one" I say softly "no way" Pete says smiling "yes way" I reply "can I please record this?" Pete asks I smile "of course my love"

As I begin the song I could already see Pete eyes start to tear up. I truly mean it when I say that there's no one like Pete Davidson. He makes me feel all the innocent feelings that I never got to experience when I was child and it's truly a breath of fresh air. Pete feels like home and I couldn't be happier that I have him.

As I finish the song Pete wipes a tear from his eye and hugs me tightly "that was the best present ever you're so fucking amazing Delilah" Pete says as he holds me "you deserve everything this world has to offer you Pete i'm so fucking happy that I met you" I say as I hold Pete.

As I pull away from our embrace I look at Pete and smile "happy birthday old man" Pete then rolls his eyes and smiles at me "where have you been all my life" "I don't know but i'm happy I came when I did" I say smiling at him "I never want to experience another day without you" Pete says "me either my love" I say softly smiling at Pete.

☾ ⋆*・゚:⋆*・゚:⠀ *⋆.*:・゚ .: ⋆*・゚: .⋆

After Pete and I had our emotional moment at my apartment we travelled down to Pete's house so we could get ready and so I can hang out with Pete's younger sister and mother since they've been waiting patiently for my next arrival.

"I'm nervous" I say looking at Pete in the drivers seat "why?" Pete asks as he unbuckles himself "what if they suddenly don't like me and tell you they never want me around again" I say in a slight panic Pete then softly grabs my hand "you're perfect Delilah that isn't going to happen" Pete say smiling at me I then sigh and calm down lightly "thank you".