She did the usual medical tests and take her measurements to make sure that everything was alright with Cora's body and after a couple of minutes she was done with that part. Thankfully, there was no problem. This morning, Cora was a bit scared to come because she was afraid of finding out that something was going wrong with the baby. She was stressing for the most part of the first trimester and couldn't focus on feeling good and taking care of herself for the health of the baby, but now that everything was over with, she promised herself to have a calmer pregnancy. 

"Okay. Keep relaxing and don't do too much. Remember, you're carrying a baby."

Cora playfully rolled her eyes, "Yes I know. That's around this time that I'm getting more easily tired."

"Exactly ! So, nooooow...." She began trailing off and grinning. 

"So now what ? " Kal asked slightly annoyed. He hadn't time to eat a proper breakfast this morning and now he was hungry, what meant grumpy too. 

Nessa sighed, "You were doing so good a few minutes ago, what happened ? " 

Now she was getting on his nerves, "I'm not about to stay here all day, bruh ! " He snapped angrily. 

She rolled her eyes and went in little room, then came back with a Doppler monitor. Kalvin frowned wondering what she was doing with it. Then he thought and realized that they were about to hear the baby's first heartbeat. He was feeling a little nervous all of sudden.

"Ready ? " Nessa asked sitting back on her chair. She didn't wait for them to answer and delicately held the small probe against Cora's growing belly. She could do it earlier in the pregnancy, but she wanted to actually try it for the first time a bit later, because the Doppler doesn't work this early.

She moved it a little bit and then stopped. An intense silence was reigning in the room as they were waiting patiently. And suddenly, they heard it.

It was the first baby's heartbeat.

It was a special moment. Cora's heart was beating hard. She was so happy and couldn't help but shed some tears. It was beautiful. It was as amazing as when she was pregnant with the twins. She already loved her unborn child and now the love had only got stronger. Until this moment, she still couldn't believe that she was going to be a mother for the second time in her life, but now it was getting realer.

She was going to be a mommy again.

Kalvin was so shocked to hear this. It was all new to him. His heartbeat sped up as he was hearing his unborn child's heart beating. His first baby. His first baby boy or baby girl. That's now that it really got to him. He was going to be a father in a couple of months and they were going to go really fast. It's already been four months and he hadn't even seen them pass. A little life was growing in Cora's belly and it was his child. It was weird, but felt incredible. 

He was going to be a daddy for the very first time of his life. 

.

.

.

After the appointment, Cora and Kalvin went to lunch and there they spent all the time talking about the baby's heartbeat and how they were excited, but also anxious to welcome their little boy or little girl. And they concluded that now they really had to have a plan for their near future. They didn't want to be all lost once the child will be born.