Everyone Loses

Y/N POV

"Again!"
He shouted. I wiped the sweat from my forehead.
I ran at him but flanked him and swerved to try and make his left open. But he moved just in time to deflect me. I dodged his counterattack and went to try and open myself, aware of the corner I was getting myself into.
"You're too open!"
He grunted and dove for my legs.
Damn it.
"Defend!"

I went tumbling to the ground. But I quickly caught him and swung my legs over. I had him between my thighs and slammed him into the floor. I sat there straddling him slightly and panted.

His mask was off and a sly smile rose to his face. Dusted with pink and sweat. His freckles were a little more visible.
"Like my power move?"
I grinned.

His hands snaked to my bare thighs and he started making slow circles on my skin. My entire being tingled at the touch. His thumbs sending currents through me. Bloody hell he knew what he was doing. I squirmed and he suddenly grabbed my arms and slammed me to the ground.

I tried breaking free but it was no use. He kept me pinned under him. He pushed my legs down with his one leg and the other was in between my thighs. His blonde hair fell slightly into his eyes as he smiled down to me.
Holly hell.
He leant to my ear and said,
"How powerful are you feeling now Babybird?"

I glared at him. He got off of me and went to his side of the arena to clean off. I ran a towel over myself.
"Still no luck defeating me is there sweetheart?"
He said, I could hear his ego getting bigger with every word.
"Call me sweetheart again and you'll end up having a real reason to wear that mask."
I said back.

He put on his mask and his lime hoodie.
I turned.
"Where are you off to?"
He shrugged.
"Truthfully? I'm going out... there's someone in exile that I feel like terrorising."
I smiled at him. It had been a year since Wilbur's passing. So much happened.

After the nightmare I had wasn't allowed to leave Dream's side. George had returned to the palace and Sapnap and Karl had left everything to be with Quackity in L'manberg. Losing Sapnap had made Dream slightly colder, slightly less human. He gave the lands to Callahan. He had also built up the walls around L'manberg to where the clouds covered the tops. Overnight. No one really knows how he did it. No one except me.

He had shown me what he kept a secret. His power. He really was a hybrid... of the legendary Ender Dragon. It was with his power that he had tried to heal the damage done to my wings because of the explosions on that fateful day. But the pores of my wings where I had been burnt were permanently damaged.
"It was a miracle you still lived after the blood loss."
He had said. Those days were a blur but I knew that he had sacrificed his time and energy to keep me alive and going.

Now I had an entire layer of my feathers missing. I couldn't fly. Not without falling soon afterwards.
He had seen how my wings had failed me the first time I had tried. That day he somehow got Tommy exiled from L'manberg. Serves the brat well.
Now every couple of days Dream would go and torment Tommy. Constantly remind the boy that he was alone. I had no problem with it.

"Alright well I'll probably go and see what George is up to."
I said as I laced my boots. Clay opened the door.
"Oh by the way, Eret came to the palace this morning. Enjoy!"
He said before leaving the room.
I growled. Eret.

George was in the hallway.
"Heyyyy Y/NNNN..."
"Traitor. Why didn't you tell me that scum was coming?"
George scratched the back of his neck.
"Because you'd probably kill him and then me?"
"Uh huh... and why do you think... I'm not going to do that now?"
The man tensed up next to me. I looked him up and down.
"Whatever. I'll deal with that worm if he wriggles in my way. How is the Phoenix Project going?"

George wiped his glasses onto his shirt. I glanced a twinkle from his ear. I looked and sure enough he had a small mushroom earring in.
"Cool earring."
I said while I walked and he stumbled to keep up.
"Thanks. My sister made it for me. Anyway uhh yeah so we need you to come down and have... them finalised..."
"Alright let me get some fresh clothes on."

George stopped the door before I could close it.
"Y/N... are you sure you want this? The ... instalment  looks like it will hurt...like living Nether hurt. What if you damage your wings even more?"
I smiled softly.
"I don't have time to wait. The 'Butcher Army' is planning to attack Technoblade and rumour has it they are close to tracking him down. Besides..."
I breathed.
"What use are wings when you can't fly? I'd rather have them as an asset than a liability."
He nodded slowly and left.

I flopped onto my bed. I lifted my wings and looked at them in the sun.
Could I do this?
I had to. I could see where the entire layer of feathers I had lost were. I looked so fragile...incomplete...like a clay maker's bad idea.
I want to be whole again.
I threw on one of Clay's shirts and some sweatpants.

I opened the door to a tall man standing there awkwardly, his hand in a fist as if to knock.
I looked up and saw sunglasses. I didn't hesitate.
Crack.
Crack.
"Y/N!"
George yelled as he and some guards come rushing over to me. I stood with a bloodied hand. I smirked and wiped my nose, the blood smearing a little. Eret was on the floor shaked and shocked and bloody.

He dumbly felt his mouth.
"You...you knocked my toof out!"
He whistled out. I laughed a little before George shot me a glare.
"What? I told him I'd take his teeth out next time I saw him. Just be grateful I didn't take them all."
I said shrugging and smiling at my work. I pocketed the tooth and strolled down the hall leaving the commotion behind me.

One thing was for sure, I may have fallen, may have lost, but I was going to make sure that everyone would lose too.

Spicy things in the beginning. 🥴🤫Vote and comment! Love you all. I will see you ... IN THE NEXT CHAPTER! Phoenix out.🖤