The Duel

Y/N POV

Y/N stood with the Dream Team. Sapnap and George on either sides of you. Dream stood in front of you. You grabbed Dream's gloved hand and made his mask face you.
"Please. Don't let him die."
You whispered. He could see the tears youtried to not let slide down your face. He nodded and squeezed your hand. You were still nervous. You could see your brothers on the other side of the bridge. Tommy swayed slightly and you felt another jab of pain.  Sapnap and George saw your distress. Sapnap was the first to take your hand, George followed. You gave each a sad smile. You did this to protect him and here he was, trying to protect you.

Tommy POV

I looked to the opposite side of the bridge. There Y/N stood, her wings grazing the floor like a robe. I was so nervous but I would NOT let my sister go without a fight. At least most of me would not. I could not help but be selfish. A little side of me wanted to keep my discs and let her make this sacrifice. She would be alright wouldn't she? She's older , she could handle herself right?A part of me did not want to kill Dream even if he was evil. My hands started to shake a little bit. The air around me seemed to thin all of a sudden. I could feel the panic creeping up on me. This may change me forever. Wilbur looked down at me and took both of my  shoulders in his hands. I looked up to my oldest sibling.
"Hey man it's alright. You'll do just fine."
Wilbur whispered with a small smile. I shook my head.
"Do you shoot him Will? Or do I am for the skies?" Wilbur sighed. To shoot a man was not something a sixteen year old should ever have to do.
"Tommy I want you to do whatever your hearts tells you to." I half laughed. Wilbur, always speaking in riddles.

Narrator POV
Tommy shook himself and took his bow and single arrow from Tubbo. Tubbo looked up,
"Be safe Big T."
He said. Tommy grabbed Tubbo's shoulders and hug his best friend.
"You too Big Man."
Wilbur then stood in the centre of the bridge .
"Gentlemen have your backs turned to one another. I will count ten paces. No sprinting, no shields. May the gods watch over you."
Tommy turned his back toward his sworn enemy. He looked forward and saw his beloved sister waiting anxiously for the duel. He would do this for her. That would never change. Today he would either die or kill someone for the first time. He was willing to do both for his sister. He shivered and cocked his bow. "1, 2,3,",
Tommy stepped forward sweat building,
"4,5,6,",
he could feel everyone's gaze on him. His back still stung with pain. He had so much to lose,
"7,8" ,
this was a bad idea,
"9,10 paces fire!"
Wilbur rang out and Tommy whipped around. He shot but Dream easily dodged him. Tommy could feel despair build in him. Dream shot his arrow, and it whizzed past Tommy. His heart was absolutely racing.
"Quick! Reload! Reload!"
They both shouted. Tubbo tossed Tommy another arrow. He cocked it, just in time to see Dream's arrow as it impaled his abdomen.

Y/N POV

The arrow planted itself into your baby brother's stomach. Blood started to soak his white shirt. No.Tommy fell into the water.
"NOOOO!"
Your being sank.
No. No.
No no no no. 
You felt yourself swaying. Sapnap grabbed you before you fell.
"TOMMY!"
You cried out, not caring if the tears were rolling down your blood red cheeks. You could not see. The tears just kept streaming. You could only see Wilbur's blotch jump into the water. You felt like you could not breathe.
No no no no no.
He was too young. He was too precious. Flashes of their childhood filled your mind. Images of laughing together, playing tricks, . Images of play fighting and singing together.
No no no no. 

One flashback sank into your heart. Tommy had been only five years old. You had been eight. They were playing by a cliff and you had turned your back from him to pick a flower.
"Hey Y/N!"
He had shouted. You turned your gaze back to him. His little legs were on the edge of the cliff.
"Tommy! Get back from there!"
You had shouted but he had just jumped. Jumped off the cliff. You hadn't thought twice before jumping after him. You hadn't learnt how to fly at the stage. All you had known was you needed to save him. You flew for the first time that day. You had flown and caught him that day. You remembered him saying
"I knew you could do it. I knew you would save me." No. No. No. no.
He had been wrong. You didn't save him.

You felt someone pick you up. They placed you on a horse. You could not care to look. All you did was stare back at the bridge behind you. Still no sign of Wilbur or Tommy's...body. Finally the trees matted your view and you cried once more.

New chapter! Sorry for the sketchy publishing times. Had some ideas. Anyway here is the duel. I hope you all enjoy. Also thank you so much for 900 reads! Means so much to me! As always I will see you... IN THE NEXT CHAPTER! Phoenix out.🖤