The Patient

Hannah buttoned up her coat and made sure that she had her emergency epipens in her pockets. She scrubbed her hands down and put on her medical gloves. When she was done she walked to the entrance of the 'Smp Asylum'. The guards stood on either side of the iron cladded doors. "Identification ma'am."
one guard asked and Hannah showed him her card. He grunted and stood back. Hannah then did an eye scan and finally the iron doors hissed open.

She walked along the hallway. Many doors decorated the hallway leading to rooms where patients were kept. Some patients were only here for a week. Others were here for months. Those people, depending on their mental illness and its severity, were kept here in this hall. They weren't too bad. Most patients here just cried a lot or had panic attacks very often. This area of the Asylum was where people came for short term rehabilitation. Hannah turned a corner and looked out the window on her left.

The garden had many of the long term patients sitting around and talking to one another. It was their 'outdoor' time.Those long term patients had their rooms on the ground level below Hannah. She walked down the quartz stairs and down their hallway. These patients really needed help. Some had been here since the first Disc War. Many years ago. They could be very violent and some even go completely insane. Some of the rooms that she walked past had words everywhere on the walls. Some had pictures scratched onto them. Some even had the magical language symbols engraved into them. These rooms only had one small window. Even now Hannah could hear the muffled screams of the damned as she past through the hall.

Finally she went down the final flight of stairs. This coiling staircase went all the way down to diamond level. Finally she stood in front of an iron wall. She again scanned her eyes and her finger this time. The wall spiraled out and revealed an obsidian passage. Her heels echoed through the corridor. Finally she stood in the spacious room. Hannah stood where she and her boss worked on their programming and analyzing of their patient. The room was extremely big. All for one person. A shatterproof glass case was the focus of the room. In the glass case was a plain bed, an easel with a canvas upon it, a toilet and a girl. The woman in the case stood calmly, watching Hannah's steps. Her only patient.
Y/N L/N.

The girl in the glass smiled slyly to Hannah.
"What took you so long? You're three minutes late."
Hannah ignored the girl and went to her desk, logging her shift on the calendar . Her boss, Nihachu, was already writing down the treatment procedure for the week.
"Morning Nihachu."
Hannah said. Niki paused on her writing and swiveled to look at Hannah.
"Morning Ms. Rose."
she said. Niki then rubbed her face,
"I need to inform you of our change in procedure."
Hannah turned her gaze quickly to the girl in the glass box. She stood and painted on the canvas. Without a bother in the world. That was the dangerous thing about Y/N. She could seem calm, relaxed, she could even be quite funny and nice to talk to.

Y/N could also rip up a person with her bare hands. Hannah remembers a day when one of the guards had left Y/N's food on the floor instead of on her bed. Y/N had twitched just slightly before pouncing him. Hannah and Nihachu had scrambled to subdue her and drag the man out of the glass cell. His face was only blood. They could not even find his eyes through all the gore. Y/N had cried all through that following night. He died a few hours after the incident. Hannah shivered from the memory.

Hannah looked back to her boss.
"What is the change?" she asked. Niki said,
" I am going to show you something we discovered in her room of,"
Niki's voice turned to a whisper,
"Dream's castle."
Hannah stood and looked at Niki's desk. A worn leather notebook. She looks to Niki.
"I have spent the last weekend reading this. It is her journal from the time she first entered L'manberg. This could be our answer. This could be how we finally treat her."
Niki said. Hannah wanted to share Nihachu's hope. Again she glanced to Y/N. The girl had moved and Hannah almost jumped from the change. Y/N sat on the floor right on the edge of the glass wall. Her face was mere feet away from Hannah's.

Y/N had heard them talking. She must have been curious as to why they were whispering. Hannah shuddered under the girl's gaze. Y/N's stare was evil. Anger. Hannah could feel her heart falter. She tore her gaze away from her patient. Niki was still staring at Y/N. Hannah could see tears form in Niki's eyes. Why was she crying? Y/N was a traitor, a liar. Finally Hannah touched Niki's arm and Niki fell out of her trance. She wipe her eyes quickly. She handed Hannah the notebook before standing up.
Niki opened the only door to the glass cell. Y/N did not move. Nihachu left Y/N's food on the bed. Still the girl kept glaring at Hannah. Niki left the room and bolted the door shut.

Hannah unlatched the leather book and took out extra paper and a quill for her own notes. Before she read she looked at her patient one last time. Y/N still stared at Hannah with rage. But the more Hannah looked, the more Hannah saw a sense of underlying pain and sadness in the girl's eyes. A voice came through the intercom of the glass box. Y/N's voice.
"I watched the brother of my past, become the monster of my future."
What does that mean?
Y/N stood up off the floor and went back to her painting. Hannah looked down to the leather book in front of her. She turned the first page.

Okay. So this chapter is posted wayyy after all the other chapters I know I know. But I think that it will suit the needs of the book. Anyway I hope that this won't confuse everyone. If it does please do tell me. I will see you... IN THE NEXT CHAPTER! Phoenix out. 🖤