SWAG2020

"Are you ready?"
Dream appeared in your doorway. You stuffed the last of your supplies into your bag.
"Yeah I think so."
Dream entered in while you were adjusting your straps of your sheath. He stood in front of you and you looked up to him, a dusted pink tinting your cheeks. He then leaned even further toward you and you froze, his clothes touched yours and his face inches away. His arm moved behind your head, you were freaking out.
Holy-
Then he moved away just as quickly as he had brushed against you. You blinked, did you just imagine that? It took you a few seconds to focus again. The Masked man handed you a leatherbook. Your notebook.
"Seems not. Thank you."
You said packing the book into a crack of space.
"No problem. Let's get going."
You shouldered your backpack.

The two left the castle gates and out of the square. They both wore cloaks that covered their faces. You did not want the people to see their King and member of the Dream Team leaving to attend an election that should have never happened. They kept to the path and Dream never once took out his map. "How do you know where we're going Smiles?" Dream laughed and shook his head,
"It's all up here Baby bird. Don't worry, I'd never let you get lost."

He trodded on. You struggled to keep up with the giant. For every step he took you took at least two. Eventually you were absolutely exhausted.
"I don't... remember... It being so... Long!"
he chuckled at your flustered cheeks.
"That's because last time you used this path you were filled with adrenaline. Come here."
You dragged yourself to his side. You felt yourself get yanked into the air.
"Whoa! Hey what are you doing?"
You squealed. Dream positioned you onto his broad shoulders.
"I'm too heavy! Dream I don't want to hurt you, please you haven't fully recovered from that arrow hit!"
You said, feeling guilty that the man was carrying you like this. He laughed.
"Trust me love you are not to heavy for a big man like me. I will be fine. You comfy? "
he said with the voice that sent shivers down her spine. Blushing like crazy you muttered.
"Yes I am. Thank you Dream."

He carried you for the next ten minutes, till L'manberg's walls came into view. He helped you hop down, your eyes never leaving those walls. He patted himself off and looked to you. You were still staring. He grabbed your hand and squeezed. You looked down, feeling that familiar electricity. You half smiled.
"I will always be here for you. I hope you know that." he said softly, as if it was a secret only they should know.
"I will always be waiting for you. I hope you know that."
You whispered back. They entered the gates into L'manberg.

Buildings sprouted from all around you. Lanterns lit the paths and one or two skyscraping towers shadowed some areas. It was all so beautiful, so improved.
And very busy.
People crowed through the streets, selling, buying, playing, performing. You were amazed at the progress in such little time. You walked up to every stall, gawked at every structure.
The smells.
The colours.
The sounds.
Then a familiar colour crossed your eye. You turned to where many many people were filing in.
A podium.
Around the podium were all soldiers of L'manberg. You could tell, for each one wore the classic blue and white uniform. Your smile widened at the sight. Your brothers would be here.

Dream caught you before you could fully enter the podium.
"Remember. We are not allowed to be here."
You huffed.
"Why?"
"They are going to be counting votes. We can not be seen or else they would see it as a sign of the SMP jeopardizing their elections."
Your shoulders sagged.
"I wanted to see them."
He held both your shoulders and placed his chin onto your head.
"You will. For now we must watch from afar. Any ideas?"
You slowly nodded and lead him to one of the main watch towers of the walls. You both looked around to check for any witnesses before breaking the lock and climbing the stairs.

A guard was at the top.
Dream silently held the man down while you gagged him and tied him up. They worked so flawlessly together, it made you tingle with pride how great of a pair you two were. They both then peaked over the wall and watched like birds as the proceedings started. Wilbur's voice echoed into the crowd, making your heart stutter with joy.
"Welcome everyone!"
the crowd silenced,
"I would like to thank each and every one of you for attending this election and participating in this huge decision in L'manberg's history."
You could not help but smile. Your Will, always the charmer.
"Today's procedure will be as follows.
The final votes will be tallied. A new president will be chosen. Their first decree will follow. Afterwards we will raise the L'manberg flag in honour of this momentous occasion. May the elections begin!"

The crowd cheered and applauded. You and Dream watched as the last bowl of votes were counted. You felt your anxiety grow as the bowl emptied. The last vote was counted and the list was written down. You reached for Dream's hand and he held you firmly.

"In fourth place... Coconut2020!"
Wilbur announced. The crowd applauded for the party. You saw your nephew, Fundy, walk off stage with a girl with pink hair. It made you even more nervous. Fundy had left his father without his support. That meant they had fought to the brink of a end in their relationship.
"In third place with 16% of the votes ... is Schlatt2020!"
A man with ram horns waved drunk lay to the crowd and sat back down. You felt Dream's hand go limp in yours.
"Dream? Dream?!"
You whispered to him. He turned his head to you. "George never mentioned Schlatt. Y/N this is bad! If Schlatts in this election... he's definitely rigged it somehow."
Your heart filled with dread. If what Dream says is true then this was not the end. You could feel your palms getting sweaty. You released Dream's hand and rubbed your own.
"And the new President of L'manberg, with 45% of the votes... is POG2020! SWAG2020 coming in second with 30% of the votes!"
You felt yourself yelp with relief. Dream however did not share your resprite. You saw your little brother Tommy on stage, fist pumping the air. You could see he had grown, his blonde hair was fluffier ...and he was alive.

Wilbur next to him, was not so happy it seemed.
"We have news... the party SWAG2020 has decided to combine and nominate their new leader with the party SCHLATT2020. This means that SCHLATT2020 has 46% of the votes... SCHLATT2020 is the new presidency!"
The announcer declared. The dread echoed into your soul.
No.
You turned to Dream, a tear escaping your eyes. He brought you into a hug. You hugged him back.
Your brothers, had lost. 
Tommy shouted.
"NO!"
And you watched from over Dream's shoulder as the drunk man before swayed back onto stage. You let Dream go.

"My first decree as the president of L'manberg...the EMPEROR... of this great country! Is to revoke! The citizenships of WILBUR SOOT AND TOMMYINNIT!"
You doubled back. The crowd whispered and mumbled to one another below. Tears welled in your eyes again. But you pushed yourself up when you heard blades being unsheathed. You whipped your head to see your brothers surrounded by the soldiers. Without thinking Y/N pulled back an arrow and shot at a guard. Dream grabbed your bow before you could shoot another.
"Why would you do that!"
You shouted at him.
"You just showed them where we are! Come on now!"
He tied a rope to the edge and started climbing down. You turned to see if your brothers had escaped and sure enough the distraction you had caused had given them time to run. You climbed down.
Instead of running with Dream you paused. Dream turned to you.
"We have to get out of here come on! We will be safer in the castle. Even I can't out match all of them."
He said.

"Dream I..."
you saw his shoulders sag as he walked over to you. He enveloped you into a hug before you finished your sentence. You held him tightly.
"I know...I understand."
He let go.
"Please ,Dream-"
"Clay."
You looked up to his mask.
"My actual name is Clay."
Your heart seemed to crack. Here you were... leaving his side... and he was sharing his secrets.
"Y/N...are you sure?"
You knew what he was asking. He was asking you to choose. You looked down to your boots.
"Clay... I...."
He laughed slightly.

"Goodbye then... Babybird. Some other time."
He said and turned to go.
Before he could you stood up on your tiptoes and lightly kissed his mask.
His body tensed up under his hoodie and you heard his breath get caught. You sprinted off after your brothers. Leaving the man you had fallen for.