✩And So It Begins✩

I spent whatever was left of the night in the school. I laid on one of the beds in the infirmary, but no matter how hard I tried, I couldn't fall asleep. In the very early morning, my phone vibrated from beside me. It was Ritsuka. 

She sent a text reading, "Lindo was injured, so I'm taking him to the school infirmary." 

I slouched over with my head in my hands. "Why am I never there when someone needs it?!" I shouted. I wanted to cry as I felt the pressure I was putting on myself. I shook it off and replied, "I'm already here, so I will help you treat his wounds." 

Not long later, she arrived with a barely conscious Lindo. We laid him gently on one of the beds and began to treat his wounds. I used the holy water Michael had given me to bless him with swift healing. Of course, it wasn't an immediate or over-night fix, it still would take some time to heal. I told Ritsuka this much. 

We sat beside his bed for a while in silence. Soon, his pained expression softened into one of peaceful sleep. "I'm so sorry for everything you've gone through. I should've been there for Azuna and Lindo when I was needed," I muttered. 

She let out a deep exhale and replied, "Don't be. You couldn't have prevented it and you've done your best so far. I really am grateful for your guidance and protection." 

I turned to her and firmed placed my hands on her shoulder. Looking her in the eye I said, "I promise to you that from now on, I will try even harder. I will do everything to make sure that neither the vampires nor the devils will get the Grimoire. Even if it costs me my life because your life is more important to me than my own."

She had tears in her eyes and I embraced her. Tenderly holding her close as she cried into my shoulder. "Thank you so much..!" She whispered between sniffles. 

After a while, we both drifted off to sleep for a light nap. Besides, we don't know what will happen next and we need energy to face it.