✩Tension✩

After dumping Urie on the floor, I went to find Ritsuka. I noticed that something had changed. The area around me looked like a carnival, but I knew it was only an illusion. I searched the place, hoping that Urie didn't get to her first. 

As I was about to give up, I spotted her a little ways away. I ran after her until we escaped the illusion. She ran into her brother who I guessed knew where she was. 

"Ritsuka!" I shouted. She turned around with a fearful expression probably afraid I was one of the mind controlled minions. "Amara! I'm so glad you're okay!" She cried, running to me and hugged me. 

"What's more important is you're okay..!" I replied. She pulled away and shook her head. "You were so brave to save me from Urie! How did you get the courage?" I shrugged and answered, "It just came to me in the moment, I guess." 

Lindo approached us and asked, "So you bought Ritsuka some time to run?" I said, "But I guess it wasn't enough because we were stuck in some illusion." He nodded and seemed to be deep in thought. 

To break the awkward silence, I told Ritsuka that I'd see her tomorrow and that I should probably get back to my apartment. She offered that I could stay with her and Lindo, but I politely declined. 

I wonder if Lindo is going to do something to prevent Ritsuka from getting into any more trouble with those devils in the student council. If I can reveal my identity to him, maybe it would give him peace of mind that Ritsuka is safe when she goes to school. I guess I'll just have to see how things pan out.