✩First Day Jitters✩

The next morning, I took a shower and got dressed for my first day. I tied my long hair into a neat bun and looked at myself in the mirror. My new uniform was definitely...unique. I didn't like it very much, but it doesn't really matter, right? I grabbed the paper bag and headed off to school.

When I arrived, the school was buzzing with all the students in the hallways. As I walk down the hallway, I hear chatter from other students of a girl getting called by the student council. The gossip continued throughout all my classes, but I heard nothing about who she was or what happened. 

I decided not to worry about it too much...that is until I saw one of the student council members surrounded by a bunch of girls. From what I could hear, his name was Rem. I recognized that name, he's the heir to the Arlond family and a devil. This confirmed our suspicions that there were devils in Shiko Academy. I guessed that he 'summoned' that girl earlier today in hopes of finding something related to the Grimoire.

If my theory is correct, it will be much easier to find the Grimoire instead of relying on educated guesses from Michael and the other angels. 

I tried to put my mind at ease, but I was worried if I was on the right track or following some kind of red herring planted by the devils. Once the last class was dismissed, I made my way to the student council in one of the libraries.

 I knocked on the door, but there was no answer. So, I peeked inside and found no one in sight. 

I went in and set the paper bag of goodies on the table before looking around. "So this is where the devils spend most of their time, huh?" I murmured. 

I looked at the big desk near the back of the room where there was a fancy little chess board and some papers scattered around. I went back to the table in the middle and saw a few papers and oddly, some rose petals. It seemed like they had been in here recently.

I was a little nervous because I feared that the worst case scenario would be that if they saw me, they'd kill me on the spot. 

I had my back to the door while I was looking inside my paper bag just to make sure that none of the desserts had fallen out or been stolen. While doing so, the doors behind me swung open and heard someone call out, "What are you doing in here?"