✩Breathe✩

The next day, I finally got a break! It was the school festival, so maybe I could take the day to rest. I decided to not sign up to participate instead I would be watching over Ritsuka the whole day. I blessed myself with holy water and became invisible to all the humans. 

I floated above the festival grounds, watching closely. Everything was fine for a couple hours until I saw that Ritsuka was led away from her stall by a random girl. The three student council goons blocked her way and starting bothering her.

I hid behind a festival stall and removed the blessing. "I think that's enough! You know better than to harass her under my watch by now, right?" I said. 

They all turned to me. "What do you mean? When have you ever been there to be the referee?!" Mage groaned. 

"You must be blind, then. I was always there. You might not have seen me, but I was there," I replied. They seemed a little surprised, but then they switched topics.

"Anyway, you weren't harassing her. We were just apologizing about our behavior and asking if she would like to go to the dance with us," Urie explained.

I narrowed my eyes at him and said, "Your apology wasn't sincere, I know that. Plus, she's already got someone to go with her." This will definitely shut them up.

I linked my arm with Ritsuka's, then saying, "Me!" I whispered to her, "Just follow my lead..!" 

She then added, "Y-yeah! That's what I was trying to tell you. I'm already going with Amara."

The three of them looked confused and shocked. "Aren't you a girl?!" Urie asked in an annoyed tone. 

"Yes yes, but we're going as friends! Attending a dance is more fun with a friend rather than a boyfriend, in my opinion!" I answered. 

I lead Ritsuka in the other direction. "We've got work to get done, so bye!" I called. Once we were out of sight, I let out a deep exhale. "They don't ever give it a rest, do they?" I groaned. 

Ritsuka turned to me and replied, "Thanks for that. You should definitely join Azuna and I though! I'm sorry for not asking you sooner." 

I waved my hands and kindly rejected, "I'm not really one for big events. You have fun without me!" 

She crossed her arms with a pouty lip, saying, "But it's like you said, it's better to go with a friend. You've worked hard enough as it is anyway, you deserve to have a little fun!" 

I sighed and gave in. "As an angel, I don't really see why I should have fun, but if you say so, sure..!"