The Remnants Of A Sand Castle (A Gaara Love Story)

• Dedicated to Hannah

Chapter 1: The Chunin Exam Has A Prologue:

MINAKO'S P.O.V.

"WEEEE~~~ FREAKIN'~~~~HOOOO!!!" I yell, super insanely as I jump on my brother's back. He totally sputters, which makes me laugh. My brother isn't one to falter.

"Nii-san! Come on! Train with me!" I bounce up and down, down and up, squealing.

"The bugs are uneasy..." He whispers. But I am not surprised.

"They're uneasy because you won't train with me!" I yell in his ear.

"Minako... Why must you be so loud..." Shino whispers.

"Nii-san! WHY MUST YOU BE SO QUIET!?" Yes, for all of you ponderers out there. Shino Aburame is my brother. I was adopted by the Aburame family, and Shino is two months older than me.

AND HE IS WAY TOO QUIET.

The dude barely talks. And while the sister is a bundle of energy, he is gloomy.

Nevertheless, I love my brother. He is really easy to figure out. A little more time and he'd snap.

"TRAIN TRAIN TRAIN TRAIN TRAIN TRAIN TRAIN-

"FINE!" He yelled. And I jumped in happiness.

"ALL RIGHT! I get to beat you up, I get to beat you up~" I sang.

"Quit being such a sadist Minako!" Kiba yells, while running down the path. I quietly pull one of my jutsu tricks that I will explain later, and he trips. I stick my tongue out, "BWUUEEEH!" And I laugh. Behind Kiba, Hinata tries not to laugh. She helps Kiba up.

"SO ARE WE ALL READY!?" I throw my hands up in the air.

"Yes, I think we are." Kiba calmly answers me. Meh. Why must they be so killjoy?

"THEN OFF TO THE TRAINING SESSION!" I start to happy dance, and everyone sweat drops. They start to walk away, and I run after saying: "WAIT UP! YOU BISCUITS!"

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

TIME SKIP~~~

"Kurenai!" I whined, "Can't I learn something more... Fun?" I asked my sensei.

"Look, Minako, you may be very advanced for your age, but the rest of the team can only learn to where you currently are." She explained.

Fuck it. Oh well. Time to go to Plan B: The Ice Cream Bunny, Puppy Face Whine, With Parmesan Cheese.

COMMENCE!

"PLEASE~~" I go all singsongy, and pull out a stuffed bunny from my pocket, and hold it while pulling off the cutest puppy dog eyes.

See? The plan name wasn't without reason.

"NO." Kurenai is being unreasonable. But I quickly forget about that, because of the awesome attention span I happen to have.

"Anyway, moving on to why I really called you all out here. You see-

"The Chunin Exams are coming soon. Isn't that right? Kurenai Sensei?" I cut her off and I had a smug look on my face. Shino whacked me in the head.

"ETEI!" I screamed at him.

"Inari, how did you know about the chunin exams?" She cocked her head.

"Oh, Kurenai. Don't underestimate my information gathering SKIYALS!" I started to happy dance again, and Shino whacked me. Again.

"ETAI!" I yell at him. Everyone got a little too fed up, and anime fell.

"ANYWAY," Kurenai tries again, "The chunin exams are in one week, so train really hard, and I'll meet up with you again to tell you when registration is." She finishes, and teleports out.