Chapter 11: Confessions and Rejection

Start from the beginning

Marinette glared at the man, eyes glowing pink, she smirked when feared shone in his eyes just like her father she installs fear to those who appose them. The man gulped, crying begging the gods and goddesses to save him.

Marinette leaned beside his ear and whispered, "It's play time." As she jabbed a small dagger laced with poison into the man's shoulder.

Screams were heard that night, scaring not other the other inmates but also the guards that were on patrol.

(Somewhere else in the palace.)

"You know she takes after you right?" Shuxin mumbled as she cuddle into Kun's chest.

"Yea, which makes me even more proud and as long as she isn't hurting innocent people it's fine." Kun whispered back.

Shuxin nodded, "I guess you're right." And just like that they went back to sleep.

(End of flashback)

"Xiao Mei your father and I are just worried about you." Shuxin said.

Marinette's eyes soften and nodded, she knew she shouldn't have kept it a secret from her parents, but it was her fight to deal with.

"So which villa are you staying at?" Shuxin asked.

"I'm staying at one of the smaller ones at little west to the palace. The one with the golden gates and mini putt putt."

"Xiao Mei, we will be having a small party in celebration of your return, do you want a theme or not?" Her father asked.

Marinette thought about is and asked, "Are my classmates invited?"

Her father shook no.

"Then no, oh and can I invite my friends? I would love for you to meet them." She asked.

"Of course, just make sure they have something formal to wear." Her father answered, "Oh and it will be a week from now."

"Understood, it's getting late and I'm still pretty jetlagged so I'm heading to bed first good night mother, father." She said as she yawned.

"Good – I almost forgot Meiying I will be sending you some paperwork – "

"No, good night father, mother I'll call you tomorrow." She quickly said as she ended the call.

'There is no way in heaven or hell am I going to help father's paperwork during this trip, last time I did that my hand got a cramp from holding the pen too long.' She thought as she flopped on to the bed.

(The next morning)

"Your highness it's time to wake up." A maid said. She woke up and noticed that there wer already three maids in her room.

"Your highness, your bath is ready." One of the maids said. Marinette nodded and followed the maid to the bathroom.

"Which scent would you like your highness, we have chocolate, peach and strawberry." The maid asked.

(Author: I'm going with my preferences)

Marinette thought about it and answered, "Chocolate."

Her bathroom started to smell like chocolate which comforted her, she really missed this kind of treatment. 'Call me spoiled I don't care, I deserve this.' She thought.

The maid gave her chocolate scented soap, shampoo, conditioner, and hair mask. She let herself sink into the bathtub and relax, for the first time in three years she finally felt at home.

"Suzy are my friends up yet?" Marinette asked as she got out of the tub.

The maid named Suzy answered, "Lord Lahiffe, Lord Couffaine, and Lady Tsurugi was seen at the gym early in the morning as for Lady Bourgoeuis and Lady Couffaine was spotted in the garden."