Chapter 34 | intimate touch

Brady's PoV

It turned out I had no choice

A tux was shoved into my hands.. No matter the amount of curses that left my mouth. No matter the amount of ignoring. I was going to wear a suit. And go the to Chrismas dance.

As much as I desperately didn't want to. 

Austin was set on this idea that I was getting 'better' and that it was time I went to a dance.

And danced with someone.

It was the most ridiculous idea ever.

But then, as I said, I had no choice.

Something inside my head said I just wanted to see Via in a dress. She never wore gowns, or anything such. At least, I hadn't seen so.

Otherwise, I wouldn't have really given up on that argument me and Austin had.

 I couldn't help myself. Already imagining her in the different things she might wear. Thinking of her playing that piano. I don't think I had ever heard something so mesmerizing. I don't think I've seen something so mesmerizing.

Via. Oh Via. What have you done to me?

It was also really fucked up. I knew. Austin was in love with her. It was fucking love.

And I had no part in it. I swore not to have anything more to do with her.

But all the feelings did, was increase.

Higher and higher, until it got to the intensity where I doubted everything.

The night of the Christmas dance, my chest tightened as I saw myself in the mirror

Austin was right beside me, his reflection also staring back. Our differences are shown so clearly. His dirty blonde hair. My dark brown hair. His light green eyes. My dark, deeper blue eyes.

His slender, sharp body. Mine, slightly athletic and lean.

The most significant difference was his bright cheeky grin, and my straight, grim smile.

I looked like something that came from another planet with Austin by my side.

But he was my brother. And I loved him.

I thought it was my weak spot a few months ago. I wanted to isolate myself. Get attached to nothing, and never get my heart broken.

The shattered heart is too broken to take any more.

It makes us think that any weakness would eliminate us out of the game.

But perhaps it was just the thinking of a boy mourning over his break-up.