Chapter 29 | spectacular disaster

It hit me, just then and there. What I wanted. What I actually desired. What made my head spin with fear yet lift it in joy. I wanted those lips to touch mine.

It scared me. All over again.

The chilly air blew in from the windows as the entire world disappeared from beneath my feet. It was as if there was nothing except us. The closeness and the infinite possibility that could happen in between it.

I would've have rejoiced in knowing what was happening, 6 years ago. This time, the feeling was much scarier, more intense. It went deeper, settling underneath my skin as if it was meant to live there.

Everyone knows what happens under a mistletoe. What you gotta do. I was unsure whether what I was thinking was what he was too. But still 83 percent sure. 

Brady's deep blue shimmered. They looked at me with an emotion I couldn't recognize.

Sheesh. My head was a complete mess.

" It's for good luck. It's tradition. Just that. Right Sylvia?" Brady whispered, more to himself than to me.

" Bad luck if we don't. None of us want that"

I wasn't even sure he knew I heard that. I swallowed hard, too afraid to move anywhere. 

My eyes snapped shut just as his lips crashed into mine.

It was a floating sensation.

If you just got kissed by the guy you've crushed on since the end of elementary school, I'm sure you would be floating too.

I forgot everything. Absolutely everything faded away.

His lips were soft, but demanding, in desperation. Like there was no tomorrow. Like he waited too long for it.

He held the nape of my neck with one hand while one roamed down to my waist. My coat was off in a minute, though I had no idea how. 

Brady pulled me closer by the waist. His broad chest was against my body, pushing closer until he no longer could. My mouth opened, slightly due to the surprise and shock, and slightly because I had to.

I gave him access. And he took great advantage of it.

Not that I didn't like it. I loved it.

He tilted my face, kissing me harder with each stroke of his tongue. It was like a fire started to ignite. Each movement got warmer until I was heated up, already kissing him back with as much force. His each small movement enchanted me. I was under his spell. 

As I had always been.

" So much time. So much looking at you and never getting it." he said into my mouth with a moan.

" Tell me to stop," he breathed, his lips still connected to mine. I shook my head as much as I could, still buried inside the kiss.

I didn't want him to stop.

His one hand traveled up my neck and buried itself into my hair. The hand on my waist roved down to my hips. They squeezed and it was my turn to let out a sound completely unrecognizable. If someone recorded this, I bet it would be the weirdest sound ever.

My hands were tangled around his neck, on my tip toes, and pulling closer as well.

It was like we couldn't get enough of each other.

I wanted more. He gave me more. Our lips merged and spoke. They were in such sync, as if they belonged to one another.

I lost track of time, of everything. And we just kissed. Right under the mistletoe.