Chapter 8 | red porsche

It was late in the afternoon when Rebecca and I returned from our classes. The only class we had together was Calculus. She told me her way to Merlac had been Literature. Her writing skills were fantastic. So her classes usually revolved around that.

I got to our room first and Rebecca came  in a second later. Her eyes looked tired, just like mine. She put her backpack on the desk. 

We both immediately collapsed on the bed and looked up at the simple white ceiling. 

Doing nothing. Just breathing.

We both stayed quiet for some time, not knowing what to say, and just simply tired too. After a while of silence, I decided to ask her then,

" Soo these friends you have, Austin, Izz-Isabelle, and all those other peoples there in the party, are they like the 'well known' people round here?"

Rebecca turned on her side to face me and looked at me wearily,

" Yeah, they're an entire group, it's called the Ashford Group" she rolled her eyes, " Since the two Ashford twins are basically the core of it."

" Are you in it?" I inquired.

" No, not like officially, but Izzy has been my best friend for years now soo I know all of them well enough" she said and shrugged, 

" It's not such a big deal when you get to know them. Besides Austin and Isabelle, they're all assholes. Well, Asher's nice too. But I don't know him well. But then no one really gets too. Bitchy girlfriend." Rebecca rolled her eyes again. 

I scrunched my face at her,

" What about the...other twin. Brady?"

 I acted as if I had only known him since yesterday. I don't think she heard the conversation me and Izzy had, even though she was there. 

Or she would've confronted me about it already. Rebecca gave me a look,

" He's an ass too. Well, not that much. But he has hella temper problems. Otherwise, I guess he's okay. Why?"

" Oh no. Nothing. Just...curious. He looked like the leader or something." I said.

" Nah. No one's the leader. But he is an arrogant bossy asshole who thinks he can tell us what to do, if that's what a leader means." Becca replied.

" Hmmm. You don't like him much do you?" I asked. Her face scrunched up.

" Nope" Short, sharp, clear answer.

After an hour of just laying down on our beds and doing nothing, Becca decided to do something. She stood up and shoved me with her elbow. I groaned. 

I just wanted to relax. It was the first day!

 But I could tell she hated not doing anything. She changed into more skin-showing clothes, but I decided to keep the same on. Gods, I was lazy.

Before we knew it, we were walking out of the campus, our feet taking us....somewhere? 

The sun was lowering now, but it wasn't properly evening yet. Merlac University wasn't drop in the middle of the city, so we had to walk through a long road before reaching the main one.

" Where are we going?" I asked

" You'll see. The sunset there is amazing." Becca replied and glanced at her phone.

" How are we going?" I asked again. Becca grinned at me,

" Izzy and Austin will pick us up." For a moment I stared at her. But then remembered that she was friends with the famous Austin Ashford. Blinking to get my head in order, we both crossed the road and stood on the sidewalk. 

And Waited. And waited.

All of a sudden, a red porsche zoomed towards both of us. 

I had the audacity to be startled but, then, Rich people have rich cars. 

Rebecca smirked," Let me take it, your first time in a porsche?"

 I couldn't really get any words out so I nodded. The car stopped in front of both of us like a movie scene. That scene when the rich guy just stops in front of the girl to flaunt his valuable car. 

It was true and it certainly felt like one. Austin stuck his head out of the window and grinned at both of us.

" Into the back ladies," he said.