Chapter 27 | broken glass

Brady's PoV

Blood filled my head. I wanted it spilt on the floor. I wanted to kill.

The disgusting pervert had Lia pinned on the wall, muttering obscenities into her ear.

Her face was tightened into a mask of fear and panic. Her pain was reflected through every part of her body. 

My fingers curled. 

My veins tightened to the point where they could be seen clearly spread on my skin. My fists were whitening due to the anger coursing through me. The stiffness in my spine doubled.

I swear, if I committed murder it would be today.

I could've brought down the entire building if I had the power to. 

My feet almost automatically advanced towards them.

They were on the top of the first floor, the railing supporting the back of the creep.

Grabbing the back of the bastard's jacket, I turned him to me, revealing a masked face.

My blood rose. My brain couldn't function logically.

What was I doing?

It was like my body was working on itself. I had absolutely no control over it.

Shockingly though, I wanted to let it do what it was about to do. I wanted to kill him. 

It was like my instincts were made to protect Via. Anything that happened to her would directly be a red sign for me.

 I didn't know whether it was because she was my brother's girlfriend, but I the way my brain was madly boiling, I doubted it.

I made sure to land the first punch on his nose.

Red sputtered all over me. His pathetic body tried to fight me. His hands rose to my face and I swerved it away simply with my index finger.

Where is this energy coming from? 

Something had triggered me. 

The second punch was right on his jaw. I felt his teeth crack.

Via. There was a chanting in my head. Of just a name. 

The third punch hit right to the left ear.

On and on I went. Never thinking of taking the mask off him. I was way too consumed in the fact that he had touched her. 

Her.

Lia. Sylvia.

My head suddenly snapped to her, where she was on the verge of falling down the stairs. Her eyes were fluttering close. A truck went down my throat. 

A sudden fear seized me. Of losing her. 

Perhaps the only person who could understand the broken me.

Because she also had that part of her inside of her. 

You are thinking of the most wrong and ridiculous things, Brady.

My heart sped. 

It was like everything was fading except her, Who was about to plummet right down a full set of stairs.

No

Not her.

Just as my arms caught her, we tumbled down the stairs. I made sure to keep her above me, taking all the damage it would've caused her. I grabbed the railing, stopping us in the middle.