Chapter 28 | early christmas

2 Months Later

" Wait, Lia, just a second"

I turned around just at the doorknob to see Becca come to me with a small box in her hand. The box was wrapped with a small ribbon on top. I raised an eyebrow at her. She grinned, displaying her gorgeous white teeth.

" Early Christmas present." she said, offering the box to me.

A small smile spread on my face. Buttoning the remaining buttons of my coat, I ran up to her.

" I still expect the real one!" I quipped, teasing her like a little child. Grabbing the small box out of her hands I tore the wrappings apart. They all fell onto the ground in little pieces.

" Woah. Slow down" Becca laughed at me.

" I like presents as much as you like chocolate." I stated casually, as if ripping out a present hungrily was a nice trait.

" Okay. No one can like something as much as I like chocolate." she remarked.

I scoffed.

When the entire packaging was torn apart, I saw the most beautiful pair of earrings. They dangled on display in another box. 

 Small pianos were carved into both of them, with designs so intricate, I couldn't take my eyes off it.

" Oh my god

" Oh my god." I breathed. I felt the small silver piano with my fingers.

It was like my actual present was already given.

I didn't even know I was doing it until I was embracing Becca so tight, her bones might break. She was quick to wrap her arms around me as well.

" Thank you." I whispered in her ear, already feeling the joy bursting from my heart. "I love them." 

She kept her hold tight on me.

" I'm glad," she said back with as much emotion in her voice.

We had gotten so close to each other in the past few months, I would already start to consider her the beginnings of my best friend.