Chapter 19

Leaving Patricia and Katherine with no other choice, and it's been months since Allison left, again. Patricia used her connections and power just to find her daughter. Bumalik sila sa Pilipinas at hinintay ang mga updates mula sa mga inutusan.

On the other side, since that talk with Mitch, months ago, Alli' still hesitant to go back home. She ran away but she doesn't know how to go back. Nagdadalawang isip kung paano at kelan. Kung kaya na ba nyang harapin ang pamilya, ang mga kaibigan, o si Drew? Kung kaya na ba nyang humarap sa kanila na walang galit o kahit na anong sakit na nararamdaman.

Mitch made her realized that truely, intentional or not, her mother and sister isn't aware of those things happened to her. Like her, nagluksa at nangulila sa asawa at ama. At sya ang napagbuntungan ng sama ng loob ni Patricia. Not minding her feelings towards, losing her father and suchs. Mitch was right that she's shutting them out. Pero gusto nya lang naman huminga, masama bang gawin 'yon para malinawan sya? Of course, NO.

Kahit na sinong may mga pinagdadaanan ay may karapatang huminga at magpahinga. Lumayo kung kina-kailangan para makalaya sa silda ng nakaraang pilit binabaon sa kaibuturan ng isip at puso. Kailangan mapag-tanto ang mga bagay-bagay na nagulo nang hindi inaasahan.

Alli was spacing out when she heard the doorbell rang. She gasped and sigh. She's not expecting anyone, 'cause her friends was not there. Bumalik na rin si Mitch sa San Francisco. She let it be and face her laptop again. Ngunit parang walang balak na tumigil ang taong nasa likod ng pinto ng bahay nya kakapindot sa walang malay na doorbell. She rose to her feet and heaved a sigh, she then glance at her wrist-watch, 5:30PM. Tinatamad nyang tinahak ang pinto.

She was startled seeing who's behind her door. She gulped hard, her heart leap. She stares at the person in front of her and doesn't know what to do. Yayakapin ba nya? Anong sasabihin nya? Pwede ba?

"Alli" Patricia whispered but enough for Alli and Kath to hear. Alli saw her mother' tears escaped from her eyes. She swallowed.

"I'm so sorry, Alli... I'm sorry." Patricia said and without any ado, she embraced Alli.

Alli frozed, she just let Patricia. Then her eyes landed to her sister. Kath swallowed and wiped her tears, flashed and force smile.

"I'm so sorry" Kath mouthed.

Alli looked away, she really missed her Mom's embrace, hindi nya itatanggi 'yon. At hindi nya itatangging masaya sya ngayon. Contemplating, she pushed her Mom lightly. She suppress the tears that formed on her eyes, she don't want to have another breakdown in front of her Mom and sister.

"C-come in." She said and swung the door wide open from the two.

Patricia glanced at Kath, Kath sly a smile and nod.

Alli lead them to her living room. Hindi nya alam kung anong gagawin, pano sila kakausapin. She shooved those papers and folders scattered on the center table and couch. Patricia can sensed her uneasyness. Kath took a deep breath.

"Have a seat. You need something? Drinks? Or have you two already eat?" Alli asked casually, she then eyed them. Patricia shooked her head. She met Alli's gaze but Alli looked away.

"Alli, anak." Patricia uttered. Alli swallows and sighed. Chewed her bottom lip.

"M-magluluto lang ako. I haven't eaten my dinner pa eh. -" she said and forced a small smile.

"Feel at home." She added and turn her back, starts to walk going to her kitchen.

Nagkatinginan si Patricia at Kath. Hindi nga yata galit sa mundo ang Allison na kaharap nila, pero mukhang wala rin itong balak kausapin sila. Hindi nga sila pinagtulakan, pero umiiwas naman.