Don't tell me it's...

She gestures to let whoever is outside come in but mind you, I have a bad feeling about this person. I think I already knew who it was. My intuition never fails me.

Then I think, the Earth is slowly revolving just like in slow-motion suspense movies. My eyes are fixated on the doorway nervously expecting someone to show up.

And my eyes open widely when I confirm that my hunch is right, it's always right. It's the girl from earlier. Boruto's rumored girlfriend.

Everyone's reaction is like (OoO) believe me.

"The girl from earlier..." Chocho mutters in disbelief.

"N-No way..." Tsubaki murmurs while her eyes circle like she has seen a ghost. Everyone knows Tsubaki has a crush on Boruto. Our chances to get noticed by him drop to zero. How tragic.

"Class, please welcome Sumire Kakei. Ms. Kakei is a transferee from abroad. Ms. Kakei, feel free to choose a seat and be friends with everyone, okay?" our adviser reveals, and that Sumire girl smiles sweetly at us.

"Oh gosh! She's a cutie..." I hear Iwabe daydreams about her.

"You are right but she is Boruto's--" Inojin was cut off when Boruto speaks, "Sumire, here..." he tells her to sit beside him. Oh no... I will be like (×~×)

Chocho presses me on my side I think I'm crying unconsciously but luckily not. Sumire sits beside him and they talk once she has settled down. My chest gets heavier than it was a few days ago.

Our adviser leaves the classroom and our History teacher replaces her and our lesson was not hampered anymore. I keep glancing at Boruto and Sumire and they sometimes talk to each other and smiles at each other in between their talks. This is too much to bear. My rivals are increasing. Now, I can say I have a low chance of winning. This is so sad.

"I think they are hanging out," Chocho states while unwrapping her burger. We are watching Boruto and Sumire eating and talking in the canteen. I sigh in a very depressing way. She notices my expression and taps my shoulders.

"It's okay, you know. I could be wrong too. There could be a happy ending for you two," she says and leans over my shoulder to mourn with me. I think my heart just died.

"That happy ending seems so far now," I say faintly. I have lost all my energy thinking Boruto has already someone he likes.

"Don't tell me you're giving up already?" she says then leaves from leaning on me. She gives me her pouty lips.

"I lost just now," I say in a downhearted tone.

"Come on, we can't give up just yet," she keeps cheering me up. I then remember the letter and bring it up to her.

"Did you give him the letter?" her brows furrow then looks away.

"Yeah..." she responds briefly and suddenly gets weak.

"So what happened? Did he accept it?" I keep asking.

"Yeah, he accepted the letter but not my feelings," she adds. Then I start to feel sad for her. Chocho's going through the same thing as I yet do not overreact.

"I'm sorry for asking," I feeble and holds her hand. She smiles bitterly at me.

"I have expected it so it doesn't hurt much. And as I have decided, I will wait for him unless a hottie comes my way," she jokes and I chuckle and sooner we laugh at her joke.

"I think there's no way I'm going to confess to Boruto. I already know what will be his answer," I say trying to smile and not to cry. It's embarrassing to cry in a crowded place.